Hack & slash anyone?Support

Last Updated:

1. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, here's my plight. My Moment has been going through an abnormal amount of radio lockouts a day. I'm talking about 4 being a good day here. 9-10 on a bad. So I called in, and asked to get a replacement from Sprint. I was told I'd be getting a refurb, no problem. I got it yesterday.

The phone I received in the mail from Sprint us in no way, shape, or form a refurb, even for Tiawana standards. This thing is literally dented on all 4 corners, had scratches all over the screen, the trackpad is off-set, the back won't go on/close, AND the keyboard is in horrid condition. The keyboard's keys are faded to a semi-dark grey, the letters are yellow, and it smells like ****ing cigarette smoke/black tar heroine. There is now way in cold hell that this is near acceptable. As some of you may remember, I was near killing someone over an issue in the Market, but this is the actual PHONE. I, can tangibly go out and strangle a human being over this. I've sent it back, and decided to keep mine and deal with it.

What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I'd go to a local store and get one that works... If you don't have a store near you, then you pretty much have to keep swapping until you get a good one.

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Call and demand a new one especially with sprints satisfaction guarantee motto that they recently got...

4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I had a similar experience with my old Mogul. The "refurb" was a old worn out defective phone. It seemed the only process of refurbing the phone involved turning it on. Up until that point, I'd always been relatively happy with every refurbished item I had received. When I complained vehemently about how bad the refurb was and that I wouldn't except another, they sent me a brand new Touch Pro. I would contact Sprint and move up the chain of command till I got someone willing to either confirm the quality of another refurb or to send you a new in the box unit. The Moment is a relatively new and current model and there's no reason that whatever company (Asurion?) that Sprint employ's to do their refurbishing shouldn't be able to cherry pick only the best of the returns.

5. Thefoodman52

Shit, based off of this experience it's like they never even checked the thing. It was in a card board box just the size of the phone wrapped in foam stuff. Other than that, it looks like it came straight out if the pocket of a crack addict after a drug bust. I'm not doing anything about it until I get back. I'm on the shuttle heading up to take us to meps. Gonna be 2 days until I can really start to rip some assess over this.

I mean, aside from glitchy software, my phone is still as clean as it was out of the box. No dents, no scratches anywhere, still glossy, you get the picture. It's still in new condition. I'm willing to take a scratch our two on the sides, as long as I don't have to friggin yank out the battery daily. It's almost s ritual for me at this point. I rarely ever even wake up my phone in the morning. I just pull the charger out, then the battery.

*sigh* My old #@$ Nextel i850 never had these issues. Then again, it barely sent text messages, much less take video (it didn't do that) or decent pictures (.2 MP camera, lol)

6. Thefoodman52

Shit, based off of this experience it's like they never even checked the thing. It was in a card board box just the size of the phone wrapped in foam stuff. Other than that, it looks like it came straight out if the pocket of a crack addict after a drug bust. I'm not doing anything about it until I get back. I'm on the shuttle heading up to take us to meps. Gonna be 2 days until I can really start to rip some assess over this.

I mean, aside from glitchy software, my phone is still as clean as it was out of the box. No dents, no scratches anywhere, still glossy, you get the picture. It's still in new condition. I'm willing to take a scratch our two on the sides, as long as I don't have to friggin yank out the battery daily. It's almost s ritual for me at this point. I rarely ever even wake up my phone in the morning. I just pull the charger out, then the battery.

*sigh* My old #@$ Nextel i850 never had these issues. Then again, it barely sent text messages, much less take video (it didn't do that) or decent pictures (.2 MP camera, lol)

7. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

When I got mine replaced last month I asked the tech "is this new or a refurb?" He said it was a refurb and that they replace/service everything but the motherboard in refurbs. Refurb was in good condition, still is. Sucks you got shafted. I'd definitely tear some buttholes over this.

8. Thefoodman52

Lol, I'll be doing more than ripping them another asshole.