Hacked?Support

Last Updated:

1. Ridley

Ridley Active Member This Topic's Starter

I woke up this morning to a song playing from my phone that I made with xPiano about 2 weeks ago. I have no idea why this file was activated and when I looked at my task killer, most of my phone's memory had been used up but no programs were running in the background. I've never seen it get this low even when using 20 programs at a time. I've been using a mixture of apps that I've downloaded off of my computer and through the market. Is there any way that someone has access to my device and can look through all of my files/folders? Are there any known hacks/trojans/viruses that do this? Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. Ridley

Updated*

After restarting my phone, I cannot access my sd card. I opened up Astro and it gave me an error stating that there was no card installed and all of the files are gone. What is going on with my phone?

3. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

4. bisbers

bisbers Well-Known Member

Did you let my gf borrow it? She seems to have that effect on technology...

Twiz likes this.
  5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

@Rdjr: The virus just sends texts to premium numbers that charge you money. It wouldn't do anything like the OP describes.

@OP: Chances are something was left running in the background overnight. Turn your phone off, take out the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in and turn your phone on. If your SD card still isn't being read, you may need to reformat it.

6. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd throw it out there. I read through that last night but you never know what these viruses are capable of.

7. Ridley

When I connected my phone to my pc, I was able to retrieve my files and do a sd card reformat. Everything is working on that end. This still doesn't explain why that file was playing and how my card got jacked up in the first place. Would it even be possible for a virus to give a user access to the entire phone remotely?

8. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Are you dating my wife?

9. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

Ghost's. There's an app in the market for checking ghosts around you.

10. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Ridley
    My phone has done similar a couple of times. Each time the music was playing it was because I touched the button on my bluetooth headset or something and didn't even know it was running. I started hearing faint music from somewhere (while in a quiet room) and took my BT Headset out of my pocket and listened and found that the music player was running.

I have ALSO had an issue with my SD Card several times. Twice I had to format it and a couple of times I just restarted the phone and all was good. I have installed Antivirus Free and let it scan my phone and it found no trojans or malware.

Just my experiences.

11. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

I'd wager a large sum of money that your ringtones/notification sounds/alarms are stored on your SD card.

When it was time for the alarm to go off it tried to access the file but it couldn't - because it didn't see the SD card. So it wound up pulling a song that's stored in the phone's memory.

Nothing to panic about.

Before you reformatted did you try turning off your phone and re-seating the card (taking it out and putting it back in) and rebooting? That probably would have fixed it.

I don't see any reason to think something like that is happening. I haven't scoured the forums, but assuming that no one else is reporting this, then what are the odds that you are the only android owner that contracted a virus?

[edit]
    I should mention that you can replicate the "mystery song" thing. Plug your phone into your computer and change from "Charge Only" to "Disk Drive". Your phone cannot access your SD card.

Now set that same alarm to go off in 1 minute - while leaving the phone plugged into the computer and in "Disk Drive" mode). It will play a sound file that is stored on the phone.
    [/edit]

12. Ridley

That was my problem! Everything is working again. Thanks for clearing this up for me everyone!