• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

had an eris but got an....

Status
Not open for further replies.

150_cav

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2009
Had an Eris but got an INCREDIBLE!!!!

i must say i love the Eris a lot, but honest to god, the Incredible may have twice the specs but the Incredible is 4 times the phone.

i'm not doing this to rub it in but i'm doing this to say if you can get one!!!

Wow, I feel like If I'm able to steal my sisters upgrade and get the incredible...All my friends will turn their backs on me :(. Eris will always be my first smart phone <3

No W4lly, we wouldn't turn our backs on you. I doubt you would show your ass about getting a new phone. That is the problem we are having. It is like having 10 newsradio/splendas on the Eris forum all at once. Rude and annoying.

Reactions: LiverpoolsNo9
Upvote 0
No W4lly, we wouldn't turn our backs on you. I doubt you would show your ass about getting a new phone. That is the problem we are having. It is like having 10 newsradio/splendas on the Eris forum all at once. Rude and annoying.

<3

...also I just read in a review that that extra hole on the bottom of the Incredible isn't a cancelation mic...it's a slot for a phone charm. WEAK!

Upvote 0
<3

...also I just read in a review that that extra hole on the bottom of the Incredible isn't a cancelation mic...it's a slot for a phone charm. WEAK!

I've seen info that suggests it doesn't need a cancellation mic, due to the updated technology it has. I know the call quality on mine is just as good as it is with the eris, which is saying something imo.

Upvote 0
Regardless of a sticky at the top or not, some people who get a newer phone will always get a rush/satisfation but posting about it here. They could care less about a "sticky" i'm sure.

I actually understand that and I think that some have actually handled it really well. There are a number of people that have spent A LOT of time in the section and I personally don't have a problem with them saying goodbye. I will probably do the same thing once I change phones.

The problem I have with any of it is the manner in which some users are coming in here in what appears to be an attempt to make us jealous of their new toy. I just find it very rude and unnecessary.

Upvote 0
Got to agree with a lot of the posters in here. I started out with an Eris, but went to the dark side with a Moto Droid, I still keep up here in the Eris forums jsut because for the most part, the folks are pleasant, and the majority of the info is basic android, not specific to the Eris. Just my thoughts, I'm sick of all the Incredable threads too, nad not a Jealous thing either...... Just cause ya get a new phone doesn't mean ya aren't allowed in certian threads!!

Upvote 0
Got to agree with a lot of the posters in here. I started out with an Eris, but went to the dark side with a Moto Droid, I still keep up here in the Eris forums jsut because for the most part, the folks are pleasant, and the majority of the info is basic android, not specific to the Eris. Just my thoughts, I'm sick of all the Incredable threads too, nad not a Jealous thing either...... Just cause ya get a new phone doesn't mean ya aren't allowed in certian threads!!

See, that is what I mean. I don't think there is a problem with people using different phones and jumping around to different parts of the forum. There is a lot of information on this forum that pertains to Android itself and can be useful to anyone. The problem comes from people being rude.

I actually had someone tell me that the information I provided in an Incredible thread was irrelevant because I had the Eris. lol It was a general Android/Verizon question too.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I actually understand that and I think that some have actually handled it really well. There are a number of people that have spent A LOT of time in the section and I personally don't have a problem with them saying goodbye. I will probably do the same thing once I change phones.

The problem I have with any of it is the manner in which some users are coming in here in what appears to be an attempt to make us jealous of their new toy. I just find it very rude and unnecessary.

I agree...one guy came in and was humble about his new Inc and answered questions that some of us had about the features. I don't want to go to over there and would love to talk to a few people who are being helpful and not asses.

Upvote 0
I agree...one guy came in and was humble about his new Inc and answered questions that some of us had about the features. I don't want to go to over there and would love to talk to a few people who are being helpful and not asses.
Deal. Ask anything you wish. BTW, I d/l leak V3 just a little while ago and flashed my Eris. Still connect via wireless, only thing I can't do is get phone calls. I'm considering using desktop clock on the Eris at night too since my credit card holder works better with it. I still lurk here because you know who are kind of pains in the asses over there. Besides, most of the stuff is identical with the two phones and folks here are much more helpful and "over it" since we've had our phones for some time now.
Anyway, fire away.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones