Had an update notification and it disappeared on me

Last Updated:

1. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Turned on my phone this morning and besides getting emails I had an update notification. I used the advanced task killer before I actually clicked on anything and the update disappeared on me. I know, shouldnt have done that, just force of habbit when I first turn on the phone everyday. Anyhow, I re-booted my phone thinking it might come back and it didnt. I then checked for system updates on the phone and it said there werent any. Just checking to see if anyone else has ever had something like this happen to them.

Advertisement
  2. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I checked my app downloads for updates (should have done this before I made the thread) and sure enough, there was an update for google maps. The thing is though, I have never been auto notified of anyother app update. Have always had to check manually. This is the first time (assuming it was that)

3. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

I had the same Google Maps update notification this morning.. which I had already installed the first day it was available. Not sure why we're getting double notifications..

4. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member

my $.02: I've noticed that the update notification only comes after an update has been available for a while. Perhaps there's a schedule for sending out the update notifications that has very little to do with when the update actually comes. If you're like me, you may have already looked at the downloads and manually updated them, so by the time you were due for an update notification, you didn't haven anything that needed updating.

My mom has a Droid as well, and since she only updates it if I go to her house and do it for her, she is always getting update notifications that I don't. Again, that's mostly likely because I've already updated everything by looking at my downloads list.