Had Blackberrys for the last 5 years and just switched, have a couple questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lokean13

Lokean13 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

First of all I would like to say that I'm a Blackberry Enterprise Admin, and when my latest bb finally died, I decided to look at other phones. I actually just got my G1 from Walmart of all places for 90 bucks with 2 year renewal (from Tmobile it would have been $174 how crazy is that). I love the phone, it puts all the Blackberries I've had to shame. Sadly, my favorite app so far is the Step Brothers soundboard...well maybe Doom, gotta love playing Doom during a meeting :p.

I haven't had too many problems though there are a couple things I don't really like, namely I wish you could take a number from the call log and use it to create a contact. Also, I liked how the blackberry would put all your messages and texts in one window, but I love how the G1 puts them into conversations.

Finally to the one and only issue I've had. When I get a text message with a picture in it, and I hit the Download button, it goes to downloading, and then either comes back with an error basically saying "message cannot be downloaded" or the Download button just pops back up. I've checked the forums but they all seem to be for unlocked phones on other carriers. I know I have MMS enabled on my account, because I've gotten them on my blackberry before. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement
  2. muzicman0

muzicman0 Well-Known Member

You can long press (press and hold) the number in the call log, and choose 'add to contacts' to create a contact...

not sure on the mms issue, I have no problems...I would call t-mobile (assuming that is your carrier).

mm0