• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Had HTC Desire a year now only 1 gripe.

nicenswift

May 29, 2010
Had my Desire just over a year now and think it is fantastic, best phone I have ever owned.

BUT

The one thing that really rats me off on a regular basis is.

NOT KNOWING IF THE DAMN THING IS ON OR OFF.:mad::mad::mad:

I like to switch my phone off at night, so its 11pm and its bed time, pick up phone cant remmember if I have already switched it off so I spend 2 mins staring at a black screen hoping the notification light will blink, no joy so I press the on/off button and Arghhhhhh it switches on. I then have to wait for it to boot so I can then switch the bloody thing off again.

This must happen 2 to 3 times a week.

Anyone know of an app that can blink the notification light a different colour or pulse rate (i.e. 2 short blips) lets say every 2 mins.

Or any other workaround/tip

Many thanks for listening.

A simple solution would be not to switch it off at all.
Set the phone at night in Airplane mode instead!
Either use a widget for that or just long-press the power button and select airplane mode.
This will save battery life and will not consume system resources required for the long reboot.

I have it myself and even scheduled so the phone goes automatically to airplane on/off mode. :)

Upvote 0
Im sorry if this comes off a bit rudely as I don't mean to be, but wouldnt you think that if the light isnt flashing that its off? I believe you can have the LED light flash while the phone is on, that way if you dont see a flashing light its a pretty good indication that its powered off...

The notification light does not flash all the time even when the phone is on and the screen is live it only flashes when missed call, email or SMS etc.

Thanks for the reply though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones