• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Had leaked 2.2 - How do I get the OTA now?

Title says it all, I'm running FlyX on top of the original leaked OTA. How do I get the new official OTA on my phone?

If you want to continue to be rooted then I would suggest waiting. With the changes to the bootloader its much safer to wait at this point. If you update there is no safety net for when you get caught in a bootloop

Reactions: jdk33
Upvote 0
What about this would make you think it doesnt look promising? Just curious as to why you see it that way.

This is a conversation between MrBirdMan and Wicked_beaver

@wicked_beav my "fix" wont work sadly, i was running tests to see if my idea would work when i figured out the signatures changed

EDIT: That's what he said about downgrading the bootloader, I must have read the conversation wrong. Maybe the custom update.zip is still being worked on, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
This is a conversation between MrBirdMan and Wicked_beaver

EDIT: That's what he said about downgrading the bootloader, I must have read the conversation wrong. Maybe the custom update.zip is still being worked on, I'm not sure.

The bootloader issue will be interesting to follow. Im sure the update.zip will be created, but most likely put on the back burner. Im sure priority is going to helping out all these people with a droid x paper weight.
With a leaked version out I don't know why there was such a panic to get the ota Froyo. You would have thought Motorola was giving away free rebates.

Since when did OTAFroyo become the new heroin.

Reactions: schmunkey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones