Had my D2 since release date, and still have some issues, please help :)Support

Last Updated:

1. DROIDing

DROIDing Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

Just real quick I will make a bullet list and see if anyone can offer insight into curing what ails me (or, better put, my Droid 2 experience thus far) THANKS :)

-3G connectivity disappears once my phone connects to a Wifi network
    -Email will not send while connected to Wifi source, I have to disable Wifi and let 3G reestablish in order for messages to send (yet all the Email settings are of course right, and I can connect to any website quickly while on Wifi)
    -Has a 1-Click Root been offered for a Droid 2 yet?

Lastly... is there anyway to boost the transmission range and power of my Wifi router, or the reception of my devices (Laptop or PS3)?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

It's normal for WiFi connectivity to supercede 3G. Your smartphone works in a manner similar to a desktop computer system. It has a simple routing table that can handle one default route at a time.

Are you able to surf the net when connected via WiFi? The fact that you're stating that you're not able to send email when connected via WiFi has me wondering. Either your phone isn't connecting properly to the WiFi network... or you have a configuration issue with your WiFi router. I'm guessing option 1 but can't completely discount the other option.

Per this thread in the Droid 2 "All things Root" forum, it looks like there is a one-click Root...

http://androidforums.com/droid-2-al...t-program-all-2-1-droids-except-7-phones.html

Lastly to increase the range on your WiFi network you'll likely need to find a set of higher gain antenna's for the router... or the end devices... or both. The challenge is that they've got to be compatible with the device or they won't work.

Moving this thread to the Droid 2 Support forum...

DROIDing likes this.
  3. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

DROIDing, make sure you pull the latest OTA update, it should help you a lot.

4. DROIDing

I just received the notification on my phone of the Update last night, and went through with the install this morning.

I just hope among patches the quotations and hyphens will work correctly! ;)

5. DROIDing

Thank you so much!

The video link will be extremely helpful, I had thought all this time the famous 1-Click Root had excluded Droid2.

Also... yes I can surf the net while using wifi exclusively, but my Emails won't be sent or received correctly until I turn off wifi and rely once again on 3G. They sit there in the "outgoing" folder with orange exclamation marks next to the email messages.