Had the N1, jumped to the HD2, then iPhone 4, then back to the N1 LOL

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atn_chargers, Sep 15, 2010.

1. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Hey guys, no matter what I seem to do, I find myself back to a N1. I love the hardware on the HD2, so I said, "what the heck? Screen is awesome, and how bad can WinMo be?". So I jumped ship. After a month or so, WinMo was really getting on my nerves. It is a beautiful phone wrapped in crap OS. So I decided to try out the iPhone 4. Amazing phone and great camera! But I could not stand not having 3G (I have T-Mobile). So I decided to go back to the N1. OH how I missed this phone! So I guess the saying is true, "You never know what you have, until it's gone". Cherish your N1 guys! :)

Advertisement

2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser
    VIP Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Multi-platinum Rapper
    Illinois
    I thought it was pretty easy to boot Android on the HD2? Doesn't it even have CM6 already?

3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
  4. eric1589

eric1589 Active Member

May 27, 2010
    u had the iphone on tmobile, but with no 3g?

5. atn_chargers

atn_chargers Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Yeah I had the iPhone 4 on T-mobile. And yes, all iPhones are unable to pick up T-Mobile's 3G network. The slow crappy speeds forced me to give it up. I really love the N1. Booting Android on the HD2 sucks! It's still very unstable (freezing, laggy, slow), not to mention it drains the battery like crazy!!!

6. welcome back, glad to have ya back

7. flybysti

flybysti New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    now you got Blackberry and Nokia left

8. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    LoL I had the same thing happen to me! :(

I cheated on my beautiful Nexus with an Hd2 thinking that the bigger screen, skype, and bluetooth keyboard support might be better than my Nexus One. I also thought worst case scenario that I would convert the Hd2 to Android if Windows Mobile wasn't my cup of tea.

BOY was I wrong :(

1) Hd2 can run Android but it is slow, freezes, gets hot, and drains the battery like crazy (understandable since you running an entire smartphone operating system from a tiny file in your SD card)

2) Windows Mobile 6.5 sucks compared to Android.

I am so happy I made the choice to go back with my faithful Nexus!!! :)

Tags: