Had the phone a week - Beats By Dre unhappySupport

1. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just wondered if anyone out there has similar experience or could try this out

I have a pair of Beats On Tours and despite Sony stating that the Xperia S was now Beats compatible, when plugged in they do not even register on Liveware Manager that a device is plugged in.

The most mysterious part is the Sony rep in my area has an Xperia S and they DO work in hers.

So i swapped my handset at local store assuming a faulty device but still they do not work.

If anyone has BBD & XS can you please try them and let me know if they work or not as i am missing my sound quality having to use Sennheisers again

Thanks

p.s. its so nice to be back on a Sony device after using a GS2 for 6 months

Advertisement
  2. AntonXperiaS

AntonXperiaS Active Member

i dont understand the hype around beats!? They are just headphones, i cant see how a pair of headphones can be incompatible with a 3.5mm jack?

What makes beats different to a pair of Sennheiser or Bose?

On top of that people go out and buy these headphones then they rip their cds to 128k audio so its completely pointless as its low quality sound anyway
  3. gabbyevs

gabbyevs Well-Known Member

the headphone jack is a new style the ones that come with them anyway-only certain plugs go in it now its the same size but different confirguaration
  4. AntonXperiaS

so is that the phones input is different or the config on the headphone lead is different?

my answer is buy some sennheiser or bose if you want to spend
  5. AntonXperiaS

omg i just seen how much beats "on tour" actually cost, are you having a laugh???????

Is this Sonys fault that
  6. gabbyevs

might be configuration actually

i tried other headphones in it and they didnt work
  7. AntonXperiaS

it works with my aux lead in my car, and with my sennheiser headset.
  8. gabbyevs

they must be the different config

its ctmia (?) something like that

my tape adaptor works in my car but not standard headsets from another phone

i did have a link telling me about it on the sony page but cant find it now
  9. gabbyevs

Nex_1 likes this.
  10. Nex_1

Nex_1 Well-Known Member

11. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

It's the link to Monster that makes me suspicious of the quality, thinking it's all the same hype attributed to their cables sold at huge profit margins.

And those huge margins earn some sales staff big commissions, which means they have every incentive to insist they're the best.

Personally I think Dr. Dre is therefore a bit of a sell out, but probably made a fair few quid so can I blame him? Probably not.

That said, if people are happy with the sound quality then who am I to judge? I'm still entitled to my own opinion though. :p
  12. explodedk

explodedk New Member

i have problems with my sennheiser mm70i so saying "go buy a sennheiser" is bullshit.. not working in my xperia s.

why the **** change something that works?
  13. AntonXperiaS

Well if you consider what you can get for
  14. AntonXperiaS

I said "why not" buy Senn or Bose, when did i say to go and buy some?

It was a question. what makes beats worth
  15. explodedk

explodedk New Member

16. jonmorris

But isn't it logical for Sony (and others) to adopt the same pin configuration to that used by Apple (and no doubt others?).

I am not sure if there's an official standard, or what that standard is, but it does seem stupid to have to manufacturer and retail two identical headphones/earphones with a differently wired 3.5mm jack at the end.

There are adapters that solve this problem of course, but it will be better once everyone is the same.
  17. gabbyevs

try and find the adaptors ive been looking everywhere! luckily enough my tape adaptor still works

i dont see why they cant all be made the same
  18. jonmorris

But that's the thing - they are made the same now.

To think how many iPhone headphones I've given away as they didn't work with my phone.. :confused:
  19. gabbyevs

well i mean older handsets arent only iphone works
  20. jonmorris

I always thought it was the Apple way that was non-standard, but I guess they sell in the largest numbers.

So, it makes sense (perhaps) to adopt the Apple way than ever try and get Apple to change. The ultimate aim must be to have just one design, so you won't need to look for a sticker that said 'Designed for iPhone' and effectively means it may or may not work with your Android, Symbian, WebOS, Windows Phone device.

It's unfortunate, but it has to happen at some time. During the transition time, you'll need to use an adapter. That's what I'm going to have to do, although my main headphones are just headphones - so it isn't affected.
  21. bayhota

bayhota Well-Known Member

see the Sony Smart Wireless Headset does it work like a bluetooth headset for calls?