Had to go through hell to get it... glad I did... now it's time to root!

Last Updated:

1. Makaveli2585

Makaveli2585 New Member This Topic's Starter

Before I ask about rooting for the Moment... I want you guys to hear my story of how I finally got my Android Phone:

ONCE UPON A TIME....
    There was a Computer Technician named Damien..(That's me). Both of Damien's friend had an Android Phone (MotoDroid & HTC Aries via Verizon). One day, Damien gets a job at a computer shop as an assistant Technician. He notices that everyone at the shop also has a Android phone, and immidiately notices the advantages and multiple applications that could be used for the business. Since Damien only had a Samsung Rant (which was currently melting from the inside due to a factory defect), he decided it was time to call Sprint and enquire about his long overdue upgrade.
    When Damien called Sprint Customer Service, he was told that his upgrade wasn't due until September, but he could get a new phone at cost. "Damnit", exclaimed Damien. However, Damien was contacted 2 weeks later by a Sprint representitive who informed him that since he was a Sprint Primere Customer he was eligable for an early upgrade, and if he chose to extend his contract for 2 years he would recieve an additional $75 credit he could use towards the purchase of a new phone. Excited, Damien agreed to extend the contract, and anxiously awaited his visit to the Sprint Store after work the following day.
    However, the Sprint Gods would frown on Damien, as he walked into the store to look at the phones. As he told the Sprint Rep in the store what had happened, he checked the computer. "Well it says here that you don't get an upgrade until September. If the call center is offering you one you have to call in or go on the internet. "Son of a Bitch", Damien shouted. "You could go to Radio Shack instead. I've heard they do internet upgrades there." the Rep added.
    Damien's hopes once again revived, he darted over to Radio Shack only to find that they were closed... FOREVER! Damien called Sprint and cussed them for 4 hours, and was set to cancel his contract when his next paycheck came in. The next day, Damien was involved in a car accident, breaking his arm, his teeth, and costing him his job.
    Exactly a month after the accident, Damien's brother called him on the phone... "Hey bro, there was a mess up with paperwork, and you can get your upgrade now." Damien's terrible luck was finally turning around... or was it?

To make a long story short... I ordered the phone, but the lady I was talking to in Sales was of Indian decent and I could not understand her, and apparently she couldn't understand me either, and she overnighted me the Samsung Instinct!!!!! I was hella pissed off again, but 3 days later I get the phone I wanted 3 months ago!

Now I wanna root it, but the SDX Android 2.1 - DD03 - joeykrim recoverySDX is not availible on the website due to an internal server error... DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS PACKAGE?

Please Help! I'm completely happy with this phone but would love to install apps and such to the SD card to increase the speed and # of apps I can run at once due to the limited internal storage on the Moment....

Thanks for anyone who can help, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Advertisement
  2. Makaveli2585

Makaveli2585 New Member This Topic's Starter

PS.... Google talk me in you can help out as i will not be on the forums all the time but my google talk will be up on my phone 24/7

Makaveli2585

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

You will have to register an account over at sdx for this link to work if you havent already but it is work, i just checked it.

Login

Download and put it in the samsung sprint update tool (the link is there as well) any problems email me dntesinfrno[at]gmail[dot][com]