• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Had to remove battery to turn phone on?

Mathieas

Jul 24, 2010
I noticed my phone running really slow and my mixology app freezeing after a reboot... i then forced closed mixology and proceeded to power down the phone... upon shutdown i could not get the phone to power back up even when i plugged it in.. only the bottum buttons turned on... i then removed the battery and the phone has started working again... has this happened to anyone else? has this issue been tracked to a software issue or a hardware one?

thanks!

In my case the phone only did this when i turned it off after it was starting to act sluggish... i guess i just want to make sure this is somthing prolly software related and less hardware... this is one thing i hate about these phones(all smart phones) they are so hard to problem solve.. its not like we have a windows install disk to start fresh from...(unless you root?)

Upvote 0
there are a few threads around about random shut downs, but i think the phone software locks up and requires you to pull the battery to fix, i have had it happen 1 time so far.

i help the power button down for about 30 seconds and gave me a short "vib" which makes me think that the phone software had locked up.

has anyone tried to call the phone after it would not "wake up" to see if it would respond?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones