Had to remove battery to turn phone on?

Last Updated:

1. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed my phone running really slow and my mixology app freezeing after a reboot... i then forced closed mixology and proceeded to power down the phone... upon shutdown i could not get the phone to power back up even when i plugged it in.. only the bottum buttons turned on... i then removed the battery and the phone has started working again... has this happened to anyone else? has this issue been tracked to a software issue or a hardware one?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I was charging my phone once and I noticed it was really hot feeling. So I unplugged the charger and tried to turn it on but it wouldn't I had to remove the battery and put it back in then it turned on. Don't know why.

3. Larry202br

Larry202br Member

that happened to me. I had the phone on the wall charger overnight. When I retrieved it this morning, it had turned itself off, and wouldn't turn back on. Finally I removed and replaced the battery, and now it's working normally.

4. Mathieas

In my case the phone only did this when i turned it off after it was starting to act sluggish... i guess i just want to make sure this is somthing prolly software related and less hardware... this is one thing i hate about these phones(all smart phones) they are so hard to problem solve.. its not like we have a windows install disk to start fresh from...(unless you root?)

5. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

there are a few threads around about random shut downs, but i think the phone software locks up and requires you to pull the battery to fix, i have had it happen 1 time so far.

i help the power button down for about 30 seconds and gave me a short "vib" which makes me think that the phone software had locked up.

has anyone tried to call the phone after it would not "wake up" to see if it would respond?

6. Mathieas

I did not try calling myself though i should have. I did notice the bottum button light up and turn oiff when plugged and unplugged... i agree with you it does feel like a software lockup.