Had to unroot...:-(

1. corybantic

corybantic Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, for some reason or another, I was getting random shut-offs and reboots continually during the day so I was forced to unroot my phone.

Having had my Evo since they first came out (2.2), I unrooted it using the s-on zip file (S-on is now on) followed by the PC36IMG zip (which updated and then rebooted). I was hoping that by unrooting my phone, it would stop all of the random reboots and shut-offs. Sadly, it's still happening :(.

So, I thus turn to the forums to ask a simple question: How can I tell, with 100% certainty, that I'm totally unrooted? I plan on taking my phone into Sprint tomorrow and I'm hoping that there's no "trace" that I was once rooted. I'm now back to Stock 2.2 with all the glorious bloatware that came with the phone.

I just want to make sure that I don't have any issues in servicing the phone - I luckily opted into the the $8 per month insurance a while back so, I'm hoping that will take care of any issues that may need to be fixed.
    Thanks for your responses. :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Check your H-boot.

If it says your S-ON and your bootloader is normal then your fully unrooted. If you have the stock sprint ROM without superuser they wont be able to tell a thing
    corybantic likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yep like rxpert says, if you have s-on with a stock recovery (red triangle in recovery)then you are unrooted. also make sure that you remove any nandroids, roms, and such that will show any signs of being rooted at one time. just back it up on to your computer and then reformat your card.
  4. corybantic

corybantic Well-Known Member

Thanks! Just went into recovery and sure enough, I had the red triangle w/an exclamation mark.