• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hallo! :)

Now that that is out of the way, I might as well introduce myself. I am a young female almost out of High School who is (slowly) learning the ways of Android, as well as learn troubleshooting and repair on Windows and Ubuntu systems (I've almost mastered Windows repair!). I'm still most definitely a beginner, but I have managed to figure out how to root and put a custom ROM on:
  • AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (Given to me by my grandpa. Running Lollipop)
  • T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII Hercules (Actually my first Samsung I've owned, but had to sell for parts after it bricking somehow. Still haven't figured out how... All I did was do a factory reset on the ROM to give to my sister!)
  • T-Mobile SIII (My mums. She kept complaining of it being stuck on Jellybean. Now running Lollipop)
  • Sprint SIII (Friend's. Was having issues and she was going to throw it away. I took it, replaced the battery, and it is now running Marshmallow without a hitch.)
  • And I'm trying to at least root my Samsung Galaxy Avant, but my computer won't recognize the phone. I know it isn't the cable or the port, as I'll use the same cable and port on the other three phones and my computer recognizes them just fine.... Grrrr......
Anyways. I'm now debating on trying to build a ROM for one of the two (three if I can get the Avant working) phones I'm allowed to (or can), but I have no idea where or how to start. I'm also always interested in trying other ROMs people are building, or maybe going as far as helping the development of a ROM with someone else. Let me know! <3

Sorry about the long intro.. I tend to ramble on and write a lot more than needed. Oh well. Hope to see you around!

acc36-1.gif
to the party.... come on in and make yourself at home....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones