Halo 4

1. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I don't know how old this is (I avoid IGN and other game news items) but looks like Halo 4 is slated to come out in about a year.

Halo 4 Trailer (E3 2011) - YouTube

I'm iffy about it. I was a early fan and kinda stopped playing the series after 3. Never played the RTS. Didn't Bungie hand the torch over to some other production company after Reach?

I guess I could google it all, but figured I'd share the vid :)

Advertisement
    :
    edge likes this.
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

If you stopped playing after 3, you aren't really an early fan lol. Halo sucked after the first one. These days, it is full of a bunch of loud-mouthed, obnoxious, and rude kids.
  3. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

Im a bug halo fan. Pretty much the only game i play lol. Halo Reach and ODST came after 3. Odst wasnt my favorite but I enjoyed it and i loked reach. Reach was bungie's last halo and now 343industries has taken over. Thwy did an original halo remake wich i bought because it was cheap. Its pretty much the same game with altered graphics. I personally think it s awesome and i like the multiplayer maps but you can really tell the difference between gMeplay now and then.

Hey nyc, are you referring to the game or the multiplayer? Lol. I actually have a good multilayer experience, and i hate talking smack online. Usually its civil (as civil as it can get on an online death match anyway ;))
  4. sethman88

sethman88 Well-Known Member

i think its gonna be pretty good I've enjoyed all the halo games except ODST I thought it was retarted, and no offense but kool kat fix your typo's you have a crap ton in you reply and its annoying, perhaps a typing course ahah. smh
  5. kool kat2

Sorry but I'm typing from my phones on screen keyboard and have autocorrect off because It corrects when I don't want it to. I can type pretty good too but i don't really have the time to sit in front of the computer.... That i dont own..... Sk im stuck with the on screen crap lol
  6. kool kat2

Research is boring anyway, a good ol' conversation on the forums is better ;)
  7. jerofld

Yeah, I have to agree, multiplayer got old after all the kids joined in Halo 3. And that's what I meant. ODST was a let down. I thought it was going to be more like Splinter Cell / Solid Snake where you creeped around and silently killed elites and if you got into a firefight, you didn't have much of a chance of survival. Nope...it was a run-and-gun like the others.

Reach was decent enough, but I hate prequels that come after a series. Look at Star Wars Episodes 1-3 for a good example of that.

Although, I'm hoping 4 will tap into the stories in the books a little more. A friend and I, after finishing Halo 3, was thinking the planet that MC and Cortana were heading to was Onyx. The abandoned planet where they trained the Spartans I and IIs. And there are Spartan IIIs, that are badass, but not as badass as the Spartan IIs, but a lot more of them.

Eh...here's to hoping.
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you read Cryptum & Primordium? The story becomes pretty convoluted in Primordium and that's supposed to tie in with the plot of Halo 4.

I'm looking forward to it, I was/am a MASSIVE fan of the series for years, it's my favourite franchise, but after reading Primordium, I don't know what direction they plan to take it in.
  9. edge

edge Well-Known Member

I really only buy halo or modern warfare. I would like to get more into gaming again but have just gotten too busy over the years
  10. Nomnom98

Nomnom98 Active Member

Ive been a GIANT Halo fan since day 1. I hope 343 does a good job.
  11. kool kat2

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv-google&desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US&rdm=4psit69et#/watch?v=r-u9ZDFs180

I'm kinda worried and excited for this
  12. thoreson14

thoreson14 Member

I liked halo 1, 2 and 3. I played online a lot on 3. Halo was was kind of a disappointment but reach was amazing and downloadable content on 3 and reach was also amazing. I feel like the series should be left alone though; they're milking a dying cause.

The plot line of the halo's flowed really well. However, this could be good too. It will be either awesome, or a flop.

I am more interested in the online play anyway.
  13. El Presidente

I tend to to go the other way, I'm more interested in Single Player and the story in Halo games. Anything MP wise is just an extra. I'm the same with most games.

Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of Team Slayer and Swat, but for me, SP is where it's at. :)
  14. kool kat2

Yea, you gotta have a good campaign. Without a good story the game kinda falls apart for me. I tried playing modern warfare once and I had no idea what the story was or why my character died and switched. Unfortunately, I couldn't play it.

Its always fun to finish on legendary too :D
  15. edge

edge Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the Halo Movie?
  16. El Presidente

They'd a story apparently, but they couldn't find anyone willing to take it on.

There are some pretty good fan made movies, Helljumper springs to mind:

Halo: Helljumper: Episode 1 - HD Movie - YouTube

The acting is pretty hammy, but for something fan made & funded, it's excellent.
  17. jerofld

I had heard the movie was slated for Peter Jackson to direct and the Rock (lol) as Master Chief. But the movie got bogged down with legal crap (rights and royalties) that couldn't be cleared up quickly and that's when it became something no one wanted to touch :p
  18. edge

edge Well-Known Member

19. kool kat2

Aw crap i feel something coming on, i may have to take a few days off that week ;)
  20. El Presidente

I'm thinking the same! :p
  21. VHMAW

VHMAW Member

I recon halo is really good for Xbox LAN parties. I just connect a bunch of Xboxes to my wifi router(And no need for that Port Forward Crap, Its PnP!), and get some tv's. Next thing you know, you've pulled an all nighter!
  22. kool kat2

23. El Presidente

24. kool kat2

Gahhhhh! Frustrating. I had to sneak it in during a bathroom break at work :D
    But it was on a galaxy nexus so it there was a lot of buffering involved :(

You're gonna $#!+ your pants when you see it lol.

Its pretty much all I cared about at E3.....