1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Halo 4

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Finally got round to watching it!

I have mixed feelings. I LOVE the new HUD and hope it doesn't change much in the final version. The video overlay thing is awesome and exactly what I'd imagine Spartans to be using. The audio sounds awesome too, a lot punchier that previous iterations and it sounds as if the weapons have a bit more oomph to them. Also, was that Steve Downes as Spartan-117? I'd thought he hadn't signed on, but it sounds like he has. If it's not, whoever it is does an excellent job. Musically, they're going to have a MASSIVE task living up to Marty O'Donnell and it's unclear from the trailer if they can. It also looks gorgeous.

I think I like what they're doing with Cortana too, her deterioration into rampancy is one of the key points of the story by all accounts. Her little ballistic bit at the end of the trailer took me aback.

On to the bad, I knew the Covenant were back, I'm slightly disappointed to see Elites working with them again. I'll probably need to read Grasslands to find out what the deal is there, I've just been waiting for the Kindle release.

Also, not sure if I'm keen on the new enemies (the sword/light rifle guy), it would have been ok if it wasn't for the skull thing when his face opened. Although I think I know what the deal is there. Primordium explains that.

More positive than negative though and I'll still be getting the limited edition! :)

PS - The Didact also sounds exactly as I imagined he would.
  2. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

any idea what books would be good to read and in what order? i know i cant go through all of them but if theres one or two that would tie in to this id like to get a head start, so i wont be lost and left with questions in the story.

game wise though i have to say im not too keen on forerunner/promethean vision. aside from that it looks like its gonna be halo with a few tweaks... and no BLOODY BLOOM!
  3. El Presidente

Most of the books are pretty good and are all worth a read.

I think my favourite is probably The Fall of Reach though, it gives the back story about how the Spartan program started and explains what happened on Reach before it fell. Then I'd go for First Strike, that bridges the gap between the first 2 games and gives a little info on how MC escaped and got back to Earth. He meets up with other Spartans in that one too.

The 2 Forerunner books can be read at any time, Cryptum & Primodrium, to be read in that order. Cryptum is easily the better of the 2. I'd recommend those because they give the backstory on The Didact & his Prometheans. Also touches on the Human-Forerunner war that happened hundreds of thousands of years ago.

There's Grasslands as well, that's s series of short stories but it takes place between Halo 3 & 4. I can't comment on if it's good or not as I'm still to read it myself. :)
  4. El Presidente

I've gone from being meh, to yeah, to meh again. I am now, most definitely yeah! I've booked the time off work, I can't wait.
  5. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Halo 4 is going to be awesome! Have you pre-ordered it yet?
  6. El Presidente

Yep, I'd ordered the Limited Edition as soon as it was announced there would be one. :)
  7. Metroid Prime

Nice! I've loved every Halo game, but wasn't a huge fan of Halo Reach no offense.
    Halo 4 looks like it's going to be a pretty good halo game.
    I can't wait to try out the multiplayer on it also.
  8. El Presidente

None taken! :p

MP does look ok, not sure I'm a fan of the class system they've implemented, but I'll wait and see. Single Player and Spartan Ops do look good though!
  9. Metroid Prime

Yeah, I'm not really sure about the whole class system thing and I find some of the armor abilities to be annoying myself. Seeing through walls? I've also heard from one of my friends about these shields you can carry now.
  10. El Presidente

Metroid Prime likes this.
  11. Metroid Prime

Cool trailer. How much you want to bet that blue shield is going to get old? ;)
  12. El Presidente

Yep!

If it does become a pain though, hopefully 343 will step in and nerf it pretty quickly. (Bungie were good like that)
  13. Metroid Prime

Yeah, hopefully they will. It reminds me of another game that had something like that, but I can't put my finger on it....
    [​IMG]:p
    It looks like it's going to be a fun game and the MP looks like it's going to be fun along with spartan ops. :)
  14. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

Anybody standing in line tonight?
  15. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Yessir! Can't wait! I'll be up all night playing it too!
  16. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Seriously.. why does Mickeysoft still use PnP. It's suuper insecure.
  17. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

I usually pick it up at the midnight release and then say to myself that I'm just going to take a peek at it. Before I know it, I see the sun creeping through the windows...
  18. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Just got Halo 4 but haven't played it because my son is still finishing up his homework. Trying to set a good example by not playing until he's done. Dang it! Haha
  19. El Presidente

The first couple of missions have been the best so far (although I'm only half way through mission 6 at the moment). Pretty impressed, the graphics are immense and whilst it sounds very tinny, the soundtrack is very good.

Not too sure what I make of some of the new weapons, they lack punch and seem underpowered. The Promethean Bolt Shot is probably one of the most pointless guns I've used in a game.

I won't give too much away, but the story is incredible. The Intro is very impressive and there's a cutscene at the end of Mission 5 where you meet someone who's eluded to in the books and previous game, that was jaw dropping (not graphically).

Overall, I'm really enjoying so far and I've not even started Multiplayer or Spartan Ops yet.
    edge likes this.
  20. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Anyone know if there will be a demo to download on the Xbox?
  21. edge

edge Well-Known Member

I don't think they do demos for Halo. Maybe check RedBox?
  22. trackball

trackball Well-Known Member

Halo 4 is pretty good. 343 did a really great job.

Diving into the MP now, it is much more CoD like than the previous Halos, but I enjoy it.
  23. El Presidente

I'm undecided on MP, but I think that's because I'm sooo out of practice.

Also just started my Legendary run through and it's no where near as bad as I anticipated it being.
  24. trackball

trackball Well-Known Member

Not bragging or anything, but I got a killimanjaro on my first MP game on Halo 4. Ok maybe bragging a little :D Never gotten close to one in other games. Pretty much all downhill from there.

Legendary is super easy once you know what to do. My saves got messed up a little and I didn't get credit for completing it. Had to do 3 missions all over again, but at this point I could run through them no sweat.
  25. El Presidente

Pffft, Killimajaro, whatever :p

In saying that, I've just seen they've added a Swat playlist so I'm slightly happier about MP thing now. :)

Yeah, if you hang back a bit, pick off grunts/jackals/crawlers with headshots, it makes Elites & Knights a lot easier. Lack of Ammo is annoying, but there's no point in making it too easy.