• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Halo Waypoint App

I was disappointed to see the Market say my HTC Desire was incompatible, the Market search on my phone wouldn't even find it, even though I'm running official 2.3, and today I noticed this in the app's description:

Note: Halo Waypoint is available for most Android 2.2+ devices - but is not currently compatible with qHD resolution devices (such as the Motorola Atrix, Droid Bionic) or any HTC devices.
What's the beef between MS and HTC then. We wait ages for it after WP7 and then this. Very poor.

Upvote 0
My only beef with the waypoint app is that none of the website content is actually available on the app itself. There are loads of cool vids etc on the actual waypoint site, but you need silverlight to view them (so useless on my tab).

There are a few decent Halo stat tracking apps out there though, but most will only track Reach as far as I'm aware.

I also removed the apk link above, a lot of devs aren't cool with their apks being distributed via unofficial channels, I imagine MS would be one of them.

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones