Halp! I killed Sense and I want it back!!!General

Last Updated:

1. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone has reverted to stock android. It's boring and lame and makes me cry. I want my Sense UI back.

I don't know how this happened, but i can narrow it down to downloading: LockBot.

I think that's what did it. I want to know how to get back Sense UI. Do I have to do a restore? I backed up my apps with astroid, but i'd prefer not to...

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Wally, below is a bit from a different thread. I believe it will get you to where you need to go. (BTW, I thought you were smarter than that! :) )

Click menu>settings>applications>manage applications and scroll down to HTC Sense. Clear defaults and force stop. Press the Home icon and there's an option to select Home. Check the box to make it the default. You will be able to use Android widgets but not HTC widgets from then on. If you want Sense back, do the steps above but clear defaults in Home, force stop, click the Home icon, and make Sense the default. Hope that helps. Faq is frequently asked questions.

3. W4LLY

..yea, but when I press Home it brings me to my home screen. I can force stop Sense, but there is no cache and the deaults clear is greyed out. I had tried that originaly but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?

4. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Press clear Defaults on Home, not Sense. then press the home button.

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Ataranine was who I quoted originally, so follow the wise one's advice. :)

6. Ataranine

:p

7. W4LLY

Ok, I get it now. I did that. The only problem is now I'm stuck on the HTC logo. It's not doing anything, and I've tried a soft reset, atempting a hard now. :(. I might just have to restore the damn thing.

8. Ataranine

Wow your phone's stupid lol

9. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

I would say leave it alone for a few...then it will slowly load sense. I have had that happen. Task panel, in my case, seems to crash sense (no it's not on auto kill :D)...it will load. :)

10. W4LLY

Nah.

After trying all the steps, and realizing my first error, It just kept staying put on the HTC logo at boot.

Took it into Verizon, and the girl was like, "Yea, the phone is pretty much f'd at that point." She was going to swap it out for free, but they where out of Eris'. She was about to look for other stores that would have it but through my charm and since she liked me she stopped and asked if I had just baught the phone, which I had.

Long story short she did a pos swap and I got a brand new phone. This was good because I dropped mine before i had the case on and it had a scuff on it i didn't like. Plus, I now have a new 30 days :D :D.

11. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

cool away to brick your phone and swap for a new one. Score

12. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Has America gone this far [under]?