Hancom Ofice 2014 preinstalledGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-08-13 16:54:56
  1. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

Just purchased the Tab 10.5 and so far very pleased with it.

Question - Is the Hancom Office 2014 app, the full working programme with a full licence?

I am unable to save a created spreadsheet file.

Any thoughts out there?

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

3. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

BrainZ2013.

Thank but I do not want to try another spreadsheet app. I have tried several before with my phone and other tablets, non of them are in the same class as Hancom in my humble opinion. I have only used Hancom for two days and found it excellent in making use of Microsoft spreadsheets with relatively complicated formulae contained within them, whereas other spreadsheet apps could nowhere near do the same thing.

My main question is - Is the installed Hancom Office the full programme?
  4. BRAINZ2013

That's why I offered to try another one to see if it works . sometimes you need to get the paid app its full offer more I never tried your app,but I know kingsoft is very very excellent. I have never seen or heard of any problems reported.
  5. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

BRAINZ2013.

Update - With the advent of Knox "After software update in July, saving to SD card is not available".
    I have found that I DO have the full working version of Hancom and there is a way around the problem of saving to micro SD card. The saved file defaults to the device and then you just copy it to the SD card. - Simple.
  6. BRAINZ2013

How about get a drop box , box or Google box account . save the work you done to the box . and you and others can make corrections or view anything . I would do this to be safe sometimes SD cards act up and require wiping to repair . if this happen your work is gone but with the box account which is free wont have this problem
  7. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

Most of my documents are created on my PC and the use of the tablet is purely one for accessing those same documents in perhaps a more convenient manner. At this time anything that might be produced on the tab would be copied onto my PC.
    All my personal stuff on the PC is backed up in so many places at so many different times that I have to consult a sheet pinned to my Notice board by the PC.
  8. BRAINZ2013

On your app was told to try and reset cache and data in that order. Cache and data. Reboot the tablet let tablet idol til it go to sleep upon rebooting sleep would be til it go dark screen awake tablet and open app now as I was told you need to sign into the app and look at the settings
  9. BRAINZ2013

Also if you goto the market and type that app will show its a total of 25.00usd but I think you have the light version some tablet makers will not put the paid version on a tablet . the app developer wouldn't allow it
  10. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

BRAINZ2013.

I now find that it is the fully licenced working version as part of the offering with the Tab 10.5 here in the UK. It works fully with imported Microsoft Excel files and Microsoft Word documents.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i tried hancom, but i found that i like google's office apps better....they are free and work well with google drive, so i do not have to worry about downloading to sd card or not.

google has google docs for word, sheets for excel, and slides for power point
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  12. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

ocnbrze

Is this - "Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides" that you are referring to?
  13. ocnbrze

yep and it is free and works with any microsoft offie files.
  14. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

ocnbrze.

Will give that a try this evening. At this time the Tab is on charge.
  15. ocnbrze

i'm sorry, but give what a try? docs, sheets, and slides? i already use them....or hancom? if tried it and i like google's better. it just sucks that they broke down the quickoffice into separate apps.
  16. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

ocnbrze

Should have said that I will try Google Docs and Google Sheets, - compare them with Hancom and see if I concur with you.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  17. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

ocnbrze.

Looked at Sheets this evening and my impression is that Hancom Spreadsheet is far superior.

With Sheets I was unable to display any sort of menus as displayed by Microsoft Excel and Hancom.

What could I be doing wrong? Am I missing something here?
  18. Juergen

Juergen Member

Hey,

Like mentioned above I can only agree.

Got it fully installed (right here in Germany). And it just works fine for me. In all regards.

I can surely recommend it.

Juergen
  19. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

Juergen

You agree? With Hancom of Google Sheets?
  20. Juergen

Juergen Member

Maybe I expressed myself wrong?!

I use Gmail to transfer files (or cloud) and then use the original excel files with hancom.