Handbrake Solution?

Last Updated:

1. GermanDude

GermanDude Member This Topic's Starter

So I looked at the How To but it won't let me select 800x480 because the dvd is only 720x480 and 720x480 looks funny on my captivate, any fixes for that? what do you use for converting dvd's?

Advertisement
  2. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

You should be able to play it at that size (720x480) on the Captivate fine, but there would be black bars on the sides.

3. GermanDude

i mean it plays but it is clearly not the right resolution, and no I don't get the black bars it would probably look alright if I had the black bars on the sides so the resolution looks right, how do I get those black bard? don't they show up automatically?

4. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member

Click the square icon in the bottom right of the player. It looks like a stop button. It will toggle through different aspect ratios.

GermanDude likes this.
  5. GermanDude

I tried that and it looks like I need the bars on the top? because if I toggle the bottom right button it toggles between two screens that aren't the right resolution, do I need to convert the movie to a different resolution?

6. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member

If the source is the wrong aspect ratio, you have to either crop or stretch to fill the screen. I prefer black bars.