Handcent and alternate lock screens?Support

Last Updated:

1. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I decided today to look into lock screen replacements. I'd tried FlyScreen before, and felt it was way overkill. I just wanted something interesting where a third of my screen didn't just say "Sprint." I downloaded Lock 2.0 demo, which was sort of cool. But then I got a text message, which caused Handcent to do it's little pop up over the locked screen. Normally all good, but with the different lock screen, when I rotated the phone and slid out the keyboard, the screen did not re-orient itself.

Is this an issue with Handcent? With Lock 2.0? Does it happen with any lock screen replacement?

Advertisement
  2. calamitycomplex

calamitycomplex New Member

You know I had this same problem using Pandahome's lockscreen replacements. I'd love a way to fix it as I don't like the standard lockscreen either.

3. flu13

I noticed that even after uninstalling the Lock 2.0 demo, my lock screen won't rotate. My guess is that the app just disables that capability. Maybe the paid version lets it rotate? It's hard to judge the merit of these "demo" versions of apps when they don't have all of the features of the full version. The demo might not seem like what you want, but that may be due to missing functionality. I wish there were a way for them to give you a demo with full functionality.

4. calamitycomplex

calamitycomplex New Member

Yea thats whats messed up about a lot of demos on the marketplace. They don't give you what you're actually getting so you have no way to judge whether or not you wanna shell out money for the product.
    Maybe full function timed demos?

5. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

No, it still won't rotate. I have the paid version.

6. flu13

Thanks for the info, Sith. The dark side ain't so bad, after all.

Well, I had to uninstall Lock 2.0 and restart my phone to get the lock screen/Handcent to be willing to rotate. Maybe I'll drop a suggestion to the Lock 2.0 devs.

7. SITH

SITH Well-Known Member

Well i'm willing to suffer for the cool lock screen. If however they wanted to fix this, i would not complain...lol

8. flu13

I sent the dev a suggestion. If it's easy enough to fix, hopefully they will.