Handcent and chat style text messages

Last Updated: 2010-01-17 01:33:18
  1. lattegirl

lattegirl Member

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and also being an Android phone user. I have always been a Palm girl, and decided to move onto the HTC Hero.

I downloaded handcent, and I am sort of confused on how it or the default text messaging works.

Why is it when I send a text, and receive a text from someone else, they all wind up in the same chat....

Do all incoming texts wind up in one chat style window?

I know on Palm each text had its own window sort to speak. If I replied, then it became a "chat".

My incoming from different people wind up in one window so I am reading different peoples replies in all one paragraph like chat...

Am I doing something wrong? It is so confusing....

Please help....

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

thats why i just stood with the stock messaging system and added the sms pop up app.. sometimes to many options becomes to confusing and counterproductive.
  3. lattegirl

lattegirl Member

The HTC Hero default does the same thing.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I am a texting queen, LOL, and its confusing to see my replies all scattered about in just one window.
    If this is the way it is designed, I might return the phone...
  4. Wingzfan61

Wingzfan61 Well-Known Member

Its threaded text. Palms do the exact same thing. Each person you text with gets its own "chat". Replies and responses are in order as they would be in an instant message program. Just look at it as using aim, yahoo etc.
  5. lattegirl

lattegirl Member

I found the answer! I received a text from my bank, and every text sent and reply was coming under that same text, deleted it and my texts are now coming in threaded....woohoo!!
  6. lattegirl

lattegirl Member

Spoke too soon! No, I am back to where I was initially...
  7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

uninstall handcent, and reinstall.

Have you sent a message to multiple contacts btw? If so then this may knock it out of sync (assuming what we are talking about is a bug, and not a feature).
  8. lattegirl

lattegirl Member

No, it was individual text messages.
    I am resetting my phone in hopes that it will fix it.
    I will update shortly...