1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent and video

Last Updated:

1. fsc

fsc Active Member This Topic's Starter

First Post! :)

I've seen this mentioned but heard no resolution. Is it just impossible for Handcent to show video attachments?

I love using handcent and generally find it to be a vast improvement over the stock messaging app but I get at least one video attachment a day and hate having to go back to the stock application to view them. I've looked at Handcent's site and read that this has been a problem for awhile. One of the threads seemed to imply that it had been fixed but I see no evidence of that.

Has anyone found a workaround or heard from the developers that a fix is on the way?

Sprint Hero BTW

Advertisement
  2. JevyJav

JevyJav Well-Known Member

After I receive a video message on handsceant I usually just have to save it on to my sd card while in the app and it plays fine after that

3. fsc

fsc Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks JevyJav but that doesn't work for me. :( I can save the attached video to my sd card but after that I still can't play it directly from handcent. I have get out of handcent and navigate to the save folder and play it from there. Not much different from exiting handcent and going to the stock message app to play videos which is what i have to do know.

I guess video MMS isn't that popular. Everyone seems to love handcent but this to me seems like a huge flaw.