Handcent Blacklist

1. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

Did a search a didn't find an answer to this. If you blacklist someone on Handcent, do they get a message back that their text didn't go through, or any other alert or message to that affect when they trying texting you? Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I don't know, I'm actually curious about this after reading your post. Want to add my cell # to your blacklist and give it a shot?
  3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Nope! It just doesn't show up on your phone. They sent it, and you didn't reply, thats all they know.
    EgeBamyasi likes this.
  4. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Actually that makes sense, because if you go into the stock messaging app on the phone those texts still show up
  5. JB in AZ

exactly
  6. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I'd just never thought about it before, but once i read your post i remembered going into my messaging app a couple days ago and seeing messages from numbers i had blacklisted. So there ya go.
  7. EgeBamyasi

Goodness, that was quick! Thank you! Next question, is there a way to do this? Sort of like if a certain blacklisted person sends you a text, there is a sort of 'auto reply' saying 'The recipiant of this message could not be reached/confirmed', etc.
  8. JB in AZ

There may be an app that does this. There are lots of sms apps in the market. I just tried, but apparently my market isn't working because nothing i type shows any results.
  9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

^Market is down for everyone :(

Try checking appbrain.com and seeing if there is anything there? It'll show you what's on the market without the market working.
  10. EgeBamyasi

11. EgeBamyasi

Found one that does it and for individuals. All the other ones I found worked globaly for ALL texters and callers only. Haven't tried it yet, though.

TextBack Information
  12. JB in AZ

just found sms auto reply, market working again...maybe this will do what you want?

Edit, apparently it is also a generic reply
  13. EgeBamyasi

That seems to be the problem with most of them. Forget the Textback Information one I posted about. Can't find it in the market. But, I did find one! Yeah!

SwiftReply Lite.

Works for text and phone. Allows you auto reply with a specific text to a specific individual. The Lite version does not allow you to select individualy between phone or text, but the deluxe verison does.

Edit: I should add that this does seem to work so far. Pretty cool. You can create different auto replies and assign them to individual people and turn each reply on or off. I haven't tried using it with a blacklisted Handcent number yet. I'd assume it would still work since the stock app still gets the message.

Edit 2: It does work with Handcent blacklisted numbers. So basically, if you want to send an auto reply to a blacklisted number, you can. Don't ask why I want to do this...