1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent bubble colors! Post yours!

Last Updated:

1. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, thank you Handcent team for creating such an amazing app for our phones!

Secondly, I love the fact that we can customize the colors of the bubbles, but I can't, for the life of me, pick some nice looking colors! I currently use the stock ones and I've tried for a good three hours to find a better set of colors but can't seem to do it.

So, what colors do you use for your sms bubbles? If you use the bubbles that is. If you could please post your Red#, Green#, Blue#, and transparency. Pictures would be great too! I guess it would also help if you say whether you use a picture or color as the background (thought I know the Droid has an issue with pics).

Advertisement
  2. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Bumping this in hopes that people will post. All the colors I've tried just look awful.

3. psufan5

psufan5 Active Member

I dont really get whats so great about it... on the droid especially. Its resolution is way off :(

4. OstrichSaK

There's another thread in this very section a few down from this one discussing the pros and cons of the app. You'll find lots of information & discussion there. Let's keep this thread on topic which is custom user color combinations specifically.

5. ForestLaw

ForestLaw Member

It was pretty difficult to find a colour I liked... but I'm finally happy with;

received sms (silver) --
    red: 255
    green: 255
    blue: 255
    transparency: 130

sent sms (green) --
    red: 0
    green: 255
    blue: 0
    transparency: 255

The two things that would absolutely make this app perfect; a hero like widget to scroll through messages and the ability to change the colour of the area around the enter text area (currently a dirty gold). Great app though!! :D

6. OstrichSaK

That looks pretty good. I used the Hero skin and black theme. I also changed the font color to white (max on all colors) on the silver bubble and it's MUCH easier to read. Try it out.

7. matthew_teears

matthew_teears New Member

In Case you want to still change your background, check out Marianne's Colorcodes for a ton of colors and their hex code.

8. Droidian

Droidian Member

I kept playing and found a good one
    Sms received bubble color green 255. Blue and red 0. Full transparency

Sms received font color full blue and zero on the other too. Full transparency

Sms sent bubble color full blue like above
    Sms sent font color full green like above

9. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

i dont have the hex codes but mine are green bacround with red bubbles for christmas time, very festive, will change it to something normal looking after the holidays

10. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I've been using the silver and green since I originally saw this thread with the dark theme. Looks pretty nice. I'm thinking about changing the green to blue though.