Handcent causes reboot?Support

Last Updated:

1. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Recently while sending SMSs my Eris just reboots back to the HTC screen for no reason. Anyone else having this problem? Also when the phone actually turns back on i get an error message about Google Voice needing to Force Close. Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. JUNGI

JUNGI Well-Known Member

i dont know what it is but i can vouch that it definitely isnt handcent, i'm using handcent currently atm and it is working fine. sorry, i wish i knew what the problem is, id back everything up incase you have to do a fact reset.

3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I can vouch that it works fine on my Eris, that is what I use and haven't had a problem with it yet. Try un-installing it, then re-installing.

4. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member

i have a similiar problem. sometimes, not often, when i use Taskiller and close all open programs my phone will show the HTC screen then it'll go away and the home screen will then take like 20 seconds to load back again

5. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

Well.. it depends on what else you have running on your eris... because i have noticed some apps cause the Sense UI force close... I can almost guarantee your using the Sense UI and because the HTC screen comes on when the SenseUI is loading...

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

it isn't handcent, more like a conflict with another app.

7. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

CaddyMan... we know we know... it can never be Handcent... we love that app too much... :cool:

8. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

^"We" do?

9. TPtran

TPtran New Member

Hmmm I'm not so sure it isn't handcent, for the past two days when I sent a sms via handcent, it has force my HTC desire to reboot. And this started a rebooting sequence. I've not had problems for months whilst using this and never update the software. I'm wondering if its because I've built up a message thread with almost 2000 messages?