Handcent contact issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While composing a new message in Handcent if I touch "To:" it allows me to start typing the name of the recipient but for some reason it will only find certain people in my contact list... not everybody:confused:. I don't know if I saved some of my contacts as "phone" contacts rather than "Google" contacts and Handcent can only recognize one or the other, but whatever the case is it's quite annoying:mad:. If anyone knows why this is occurring and what I can do to populate my Handcent contacts with everyone in my contact list that would be fantastic. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I believe there is a setting in Handcent that basically says 'only show contacts with mobile numbers'. Is it possible that for some of your contacts the type of phone number shown for them is not 'mobile' ?

3. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I believe the problem may be that the contacts saved as "phone" contacts aren't showing up, only the "Google" contacts. How do I change the phone contacts to Google ones? I don't see that option when I go into Edit mode.