Handcent Drafts

Last Updated:

1. penderra

penderra New Member This Topic's Starter

I think Handcent is great and much prefer it to the HTC messaging program. However, today I was preparing a message and accidentally managed to send it to the drafts folder. I wasn't too worried about that until I tried to get into the draft folder.

Am I missing something? I can't find it anywhere in Handcent! In the end I had to open the HTC app and get it from there.

Advertisement
  2. germcevoy

germcevoy Well-Known Member

there is no drafts folder as such. Just go into the thread of whoever you were texting and your part typed message should still be there in the text entry field.

3. penderra

penderra New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks

4. Jangles

Jangles New Member

This seems to only be true if you have established a thread (ie already sent one message). It doesn't work if you say select the To: started to type and stopped/exited before you actually send.

Handcent lets you know its saved to drafts but you cannot get to that message (or at least I couldn't). I had to fire up the htc messages app to get to the draft message

I wish the handcent developers would allow a way to see all folders (draft, sent etc)

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Are you sure? So long as I select somebody in the To field, even if I have never texted them before, typing something then exiting creates a new thread for them containing the draft.

If I don't select a contact to send to it gives me a warning saying the message will be lost, but once I pick a contact it works as it should.

6. garlik_bread

garlik_bread New Member

Not on the Hero but on my Desire and the mrs Wildfire, if you create a new message with more than one recipient then exit the message goes to draft folder with no way of getting it back other than using the stock message client.

Not the best!