Handcent, email, LPP, and the disappearing notification bar...Support

Last Updated:

1. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Its not really a problem then an annoyance..does anyone know how I can make it so that when I receive a txt or an email and I open it in another way then the notification bar that my droid notification led will stop blink and the notifications will disappear from the disappearing notification bar?

I'm just try to stop the fact that I have to go into LPP settings, make my bar re-appear, erase notifications, then make it so the bar disappears again.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

You could disable the LED, but I'm assuming you want it till you've checked the alert?

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Huh. When I get a Gmail notification, if I go into my Gmail app, the notification goes away without my having to clear it. When I get a Handcent notification and open Handcent, the notification goes away.

My Gmail notifications are being handled through Gmail Notifier, and my Handcent notifications are being handled by Handcent. I don't know how it works with the stock email/text apps.

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

To what binary visions said, Handcent for text will give a popup on my screen when I get a text, and I will see the "count" of unread messages in the Notifications bar and the text icon in the dock. If I read or delete the message from that pop-up, all the other "counts" go away. I don't have an email icon on my screens, so that eliminates that "count" since it's a swipe gesture using one of my dock icons in LPP.

5. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

So how the heck can I disable my LED on this thing? I don't see an option for it in settings, either the phone settings or the Gmail settings. Am I just looking so hard I'm staring right at it and not realizing it???

6. bldgengineer

Ok Ok REAL newb question here....What the heck is dock? I'm reading this and I'm thinking its some where to place it in a cradle to charge or hook up to a computer or car...

7. binary visions

The "dock" that he's referring to is the bottom bar with the unchanging icons - like the app drawer launcher.

He's referring to Launcher Pro (an alternate launcher, like the default Blur launcher - a set of desktops + a dock) which has the ability to display an unread count for emails/texts/whatever.

8. binary visions

Gmail doesn't have it in the stock settings - you can disable the notification entirely, but you can't just turn off the LED.

I use Gmail Notifier which allows for me to customize the LED notification color. You could also use that to keep Gmail notifications but disable the LED (you just disable the stock notifications and use the Gmail Notifier notifications instead).

dawnierae likes this.
  9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > Email and Corporate Sync > Notifications > de-select Status Bar

text messaging > menu hard key on left > messaging settings > de-select Status Bar

I'm sure other apps are similar to the above.

Not sure where the LED selections went since Froyo, the above may disable them too...dunno, but this should fix the OP's request.

Send Beer and/or Jameson :D

bldgengineer likes this.
  10. bldgengineer

ok well I have LPP running with handcent for my txts. whenever I get a txt I have a notification that comes through on both handcent and the stock notifier in bar at the top. my led blinks blue because of handcent but as soon as I read or answer the txt, the notification goes away in handcent but not the top bar and it continues to blink green. the same goes for emails...I know theres a way to fix it so that the widget notifiers can take over for the stock ones right?

11. bldgengineer

Just what I was looking for!!! Thanks! We'd be having both as soon as I got off work! :D