Handcent help.Support

Last Updated:

1. behrooz

behrooz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey can anyone tell me how to turn off the stock text in order to use the handcent, I

Advertisement
  2. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

check Handcent as your default messenger in the settings and make sure its not checked in the stock settings

3. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

Why is this a sticky? You dont turn off stock text, but you can turn off all the notifications under messages>menu>settings

4. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

5. behrooz

Will I need to do that for every text I get? and will that stop it from going to the stock ?

6. vgp

vgp Well-Known Member

No....just need to do it once and start opening your messages through Handcent. Dont use your old "messages" icon/widget ;)

7. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Go into standard message App settings and unmark the boxes for notification.

Take the standard message App off (remove) your home screen, and check the default to HANDCENT if/when your prompt. Place a HANDCENT shortcut on you home screen or choice screen and you should be set. Check your steps/setting start by removing the standard message App, not off the Incredible just of your home screen.

What i did was use my google voice number (web page) and kept sending my cell text messages until i got handcent to my liking.

there's plenty of choices in setting in to customize handcent to your liking, be patent... take your time. Always double check your settings.

Handcent works fine on the Incredible

8. behrooz

Thank you for the TIPS, after taking off the home screen and putting the handcent there, I still get messages on the stock app and on the handcent, is there any way to stop it from going to both ?

9. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Both messengers read out of the same message archive. It does not duplicate the messages. Just ignore the fact that the stock messenger exists, and use Handcent only.

rgitch likes this.