• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Issues

Khaelum

Jun 26, 2010
Virginia
Greetings!

I think I'm the only one who has had issues with Handcent. Seemed to work okay for a while, then it would stop sending my messages all together and constantly make me retry to send them.

This problem seemed to originate from me replying to messages using the pop-up window, which would in turn cause all messages not to be sent.

Anyone else experience this or anything similar?

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk + Swype

You have to turn off notifications in the default app and then the only app that will notify you is Handcent.

I can't send MMS through handcent though. I sent a really small picture of 7k easy enough, but anything I took with the camera gives me issues.

I was having trouble receiving them too, my friend sent me three pictures and I only got one. The others just said "downloading" but they were only like 80kb so I don't know why it was having issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones