Handcent issues.General

Last Updated:

1. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im running 2.1v3 and for some reason when i open handcent the only messages that show up are the ones from my girlfriend. If someone else texts me i will still get the notification pop up but they wont have a thread in the hancent app, i have to go to the native messaging app to view the thread. Any help would be appreciated thanks. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Open stock message app>Menu>Settings>Turn off Autoretrieve and Notifications. See if that works for you. if it doesn't, go Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Messages>Clear Defaults, wait till your next text and it will ask if you want to open with Handcent or Messages, click use as default check box and then select Handcent.

Another Handcent problem, lately, Handcent has started acting up on me and keeping the phone awake. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still did it, anyone else had this problem and resolved it.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I've tried Handcent twice and both times noticed increase battery drain. I also had a lot of lag when I would load my messages list.

I settled for the stock messaging program with SMS Popup to wake up my screen.

4. zerocool79346

It hasn't really been a problem for me battery wise (I'm at 83% with 8 hours on) just wondering if I'm the only one that it has acted up on.

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

No 2 updates ago it started keeping phone awake. Next update it crashed hard and I gave up. Dev seemed uninterested so chomp it is. Not happy but at least it works.

6. zerocool79346

Yeah I might have to get Chomp then. We'll just see how this goes I guess.

7. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Same issue with Handcent here...unplugged 2 1/2 hours ago and my phone is at 100% awake time and I am already down to 85% battery...

Gonna switch back to Chomp!

8. Jmtegra

I dont have the awake issue but i figured out my problem. I blacklisted a few people and for some reason it black listed everyone except the two people who had open threads when i started the blacklist. weird.

9. zerocool79346

Handcent's awake issue is tied to it's pop-up somehow and only after the latest update. I turned the pop-up off and it's sleeping normally again.

10. Jmtegra

I use the pop up, but dont let it unlock the phone or turn on the screen. Try that, i havent had any awake problems out of it.

11. TTupa

TTupa Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I have the latest update, and I do use the pop-up, but I'm not experiencing any awake issues. My phone currently has an up time of about 84 hours and an awake time of 36 hours (43%.)

The only issue I had was lagginess of the full QWERTY (non-compact) using the pop-up. It's better now that I turned off "blur background" in the pop-up settings window.

12. zerocool79346

Huh, maybe it was only on my phone then. But I did everything, tweaked all the settings, and the pop up still somehow kept my partial awake time over the System. I'm not happy about that, I really liked not having to go to the individual threads every time.

13. TTupa

TTupa Well-Known Member

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't leave my pop-ups on the screen for long. Basically, as soon as I get a message, I use the quick-reply to respond. That's the main reason I use Handcent. Are you leaving pop-ups on-screen for a long time...as in, is the phone re-sleeping with the pop-up active?

14. zerocool79346

See I thought of that too, and at times, I haven't been able to answer the messages for a half an hour or so, so that very well could be the problem, but there isn't much I can do about those times that I can't get to it.

15. TTupa

TTupa Well-Known Member

Exactly, and that *shouldn't* be a problem, but maybe it's a bug with Handcent. Maybe the pop-up keeps the phone awake until it is closed? I wouldn't think that would be overlooked by the devs, but I could be wrong.

16. zerocool79346

It very well could be that exactly. Definitely should not have been overlooked, but I can't complain to much about a free app i guess.

17. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I've got none of these issues on handcent. Hope it works out.

18. f0ul99

f0ul99 New Member

After the new update a few days ago, my handcent screwed... can't change the LED color, can turn off privacy notification... a bit sluggish.. any suggestions?