1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent keeping my phone awake?!

Last Updated:

1. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since the last update Handcent keeps my phone awake, and subsequently kills the battery if I get a text message and don't get to it for a while. I have the pop-up set to not turn on the screen or even appear over the lock screen. I uninstalled for a while used chomp and stock, along with sms popup and neither caused similar behavior? Any ideas I hate the bubbles in chomp but I guess its back to that if Handcent doesn't want to fix the issue.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

No one else? Anyone have the handcent apk for two revisions ago when it worked correctly?

3. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

I have the latest version and it's behaving the way I've always seen it. In the last hour it has been active only 9 seconds.

4. gruss

Very strange...are you using the pop-ups? Mine stays awake if I have unanswered txt messages. on the last revision I tried turning off pop-ups all together and it behaved the same way so I'm not sure what's going on, havent really messed with this one too much. I emailed the dev for a little help maybe I just have a setting borked somewhere, cause I really do prefer it over stock or chomp.

5. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

Yes, I am using the pop-ups. If I don't cancel them then it buzzes me every few minutes. I'm running it with the stock settings it installed with, I believe. Sorry I don't really have much else to offer in the way of help.

6. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

I know I'm going to sound like a noob, but when you say stays awake, do you mean the screen stays on when you get a text and never turns off?

7. gruss

No screen turns off, The Eris shows awake time versus Uptime. The phone can be "awake" with the screen off just slurping up your battery ;) Shows in "spare parts" too, My "running" will be like 70% while screen on is like 5% becasue I had a text sitting there unanswered.

8. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

Ohh ok.. well I do believe I have a backup of Handcent in Astro from 2 versions ago if you want to try it?

gruss likes this.
  9. gruss

Sweet I'll give it a rip! PM'd ya