Handcent listing Facebook contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really like Handcent but I don't like how it shows all of my facebook contacts rather than just the phone contacts. If I uncheck the show social networking friends option, then none of my contacts show. Is there any way to set it to only show my phone contacts like the stock messenger app?

Advertisement
  2. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding...my handcent shows ALL of my contacts. So when you go to add recipients, it ONLY shows your fbook friends or no one? If so, then I'm not sure, I just turned off my social networking friends, and I still got my other friends, like if it's on then it will show me their mobile twice and their email if they have it listed, if not, it just shows me the contact I have saved in my phone.

3. Big20x

Big20x Member

Just wondering if you are using the friend stream app that came with the phone. I started using it and noticed that is when I got my facebook friends included. Thinking about uninstalling that app...err well just not using it.

4. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my friend stream app hasn't worked since the 2nd week of may.. I just installed Handcent yesterday and this seems to be the only problem I'm having with it so far.. Basically if I turn on the "show social contacts" option in Handcent, it will show all of my phone contacts as well as all of my facebook friends who have numbers listed on their profiles (but who arn't saved as contacts in my phone). If I uncheck "show social contacts", then NONE of my contacts will show up. It shows no contacts at all, either facebook friends or those who are saved on my phone. Basically, I want it to show ONLY my phone contacts, and I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Has anybody ran into this before with Handcent?

5. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

What i do is, open the people app and find who i want to text, then when you select text it opens handcent. Not really an answer to your question but its a different way to do it.