Handcent message received counterSupport

Last Updated:

1. redlinezak

redlinezak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have just started using using handcent SMS which i love. Couple of things i am not sure of though. How do i dasable the standard HTC app as i seem to get a notification on both. Also i have moved the handcent app to the home screen but it does not display a numerical display of a received text message (on the app icon) which i liked on the standard app. Is there a way to get it to do this??

Thanks

Nath

Advertisement
  2. redlinezak

Figured out these things. Had to disable all notifications from the standard app (and then i removed the widget from home screen). Also i wasnt using the handcent widget (only the app icon) so loaded the widget and works fine.
    The only thing i found id that i had to move handcent to the phone memory as it would not load the widget from the SD card memory. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem as i ideally would like it on the SD card to free up some precious space on the phone memiory.

Cheers

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You are supposed to leave widgets on internal memory.

4. redlinezak

Yeah i see that now unfortunately that means that i have to store the whole App on the phone memory which is around 3.5Mb. Not to worry anyway i just wasnt sure it it was me doing something wrong.

Thanks

Nathan