1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent message received notification?

Last Updated:

1. droidntn

droidntn New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to show that the recepient has received his text message? I thought there was a little checkmark beside the sent text. But when I made handcent the default text message client, that lil checkmark went away. I guess it was part of the stock text message software.
    I just want to make sure my kids receive their texts.
    [​IMG]
    Here's an example: My daughter is on a canoe trip this weekend with her boyfriend.
    I texted her 2 hours ago wanting to know if she is on her way home. NO reply. And, no notification she received it. I long press the message and get 'view details'. And I get Type, sms, to..and sent with date time. No confirmation of anything.
    This is very frustrating cause I KNOW there are other users out there who want a way to know if their message has been delivered to the handset.
    I've went into settings:
    Send message settings; and receive message settings and have 'handcent delivery report'. checked.
    send message doesn't have a notification option that I see...
    I know I could call her or her boyfriend, but then why text at all?

I've seen a lil green checkbox on some of my previous sent text that I long press and it pulls up a lil received popup or pending....but for whatever reason those are gone now.
    Thanks!

**Posted this on handcent and they don't reply**

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It is present in Handcent settings and works.

3. droidntn

THanks! Well, what do I not have set right then? I don't see any verification that it has been delivered or sent.
    Thanks again.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Next to each sent message you have a round icon. That is the indication. Plus you can long press on the message and choose View Report to see the report.

5. droidntn

See I don't get that round icon..I got nothing out beside it..just the bubble with the text info in it. And I know it was received, cause the conversation continues afterwards.
    Handcent/notifications, sent notifications and I put a green circle in 'notify when message is received (needs carrier support)...is that rightt? Cause that's all I have. I uninstalled the app and reinstallled it. Is there another place I need to check something?
    and THANKS for your help!

6. ebbourg

ebbourg New Member

i used to have that little round gold round icon, i don't have it anymore either and i have uninstalled and re-installed handcent

7. ItalianHunk

ItalianHunk Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but if, in handcent, you click menu, more, there is an icon that says undelivered and delivery report.

8. Will D

Will D Member

Just got an Apollo Galaxy, excuse my ignorence but what is handcent?

9. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

Whether you get a delivery report or not depends on whether your carrier supports that service or not; some do, some don't. If you're carrier does and you enable the setting in the sms app you should get delivery reports. If they don't you won't get the report no matter what you have ticked.

10. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

It's a text messaging app; there's a few that tend to me most popular - GO SMS, Handcent, Chomp... they use your stock (basic) messaging app that came with the phone but are a bit more slick. You can customise them a bit and they have more user features.

11. caz1979

caz1979 Member

I'm having the exact same problem and urgently need a resolution. I upgraded my OS to Gingerbread yesterday and as well as losing all my apps , I've lost all my texts and settings (silly me hadn't backed them up). After installing Handcent and trying all the settings I can't get the icon to show.

Previously in a conversation I had either the blue (sent) or green (delivered) icon beside each message. Since upgrading it's not there and I know I have carrier support as it was there before I upgraded!

Any ideas folks as I need to be sure that messages being sent to my estranged husband are being delivered ok so there's no excuses.

12. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

What happens when you go to options>notifications>sent notification>notify went sent, and on the same menu, put a check mark on "show notification"? These things are disabled by default.

13. caz1979

caz1979 Member

I had set mine to 'Notify when message is received (needs carrier support)' and that didn't work so set it to 'Notify when sent'. All it does is show the icon up in the top bar although it did have a rotating circle beside the message as it was sending but no icon appeared when the circle disappeared.

It's very annoying I have to say! Thank you for your suggestion though.

14. caz1979

caz1979 Member

Finally! I've managed to find it. You need to check 2 lots of settings as I was missing one setting:

Notification settings > Sent Notifications > Notify when message is received

Receive message settings > Delivery reports (check the tick box)

It was the delivery report one that I was missing. Hope this helps someone.