• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent Messaging App

I am new to Android (had the phone for about 32 hours now). One of the things I didn't like about the Backflip was the text messaging interface. So I did some research and ended up trying Handcent.

So far I have not found anything that Handcent does worse than the included messaging app. But there are some things I like better about it:

You can set Handcent so that it uses the entire width of the display to show the messages in the conversation. (This behavior can be changed if you want)

The default text entry area is a bit bigger.

Handcent has a batch mode you can use from the conversation so that you can select and delete multiple conversations at once.

There are many more options available using Handcent compared to the included app.

Right now I am trying it for an extended period. I'll write more as I use it more.

Reactions: hoodtrix

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones