Handcent messaging question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by fella 3, Aug 12, 2010.

1. fella 3

fella 3 Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I use Handcent for my messaging. for the last two days I have been experiencing some slow messaging. By this I mean that when I send a message or receive a message, there is a delay before the message being sent or received pops up on my screen. I don't know why that is. Sometimes it is delayed for 15 seconds before showing on the screen. I have not done anything to cause this change. Otherwise the handcent has been working perfectly. Any thoughts...?

Advertisement
  2. Skrypt

Skrypt Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Try updating your network profile under the phone's settings.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    update prl ...they may be working on a tower in your area and this might be affecting your texting experiences

menu, settings, system update, update prl

I have been in a regular habit of doing this with my sprint phones for years now...and there seems to be an updated prl pretty much weekly.

4. sfballa501

sfballa501 New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    i'm having the same problem even after updating except my Evo keeps force closing on me

5. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Top Flight Security of the world
    Phoenix AZ
    happens alot with both chompsms and handcent. i use handcent and they have really cleaned it up. Doesnt happen to much anymore

6. fella 3

fella 3 Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Mr. Ed,

I have updated everyting and this only started happening after the 2.2 was installed. But it didn't happen right after but shortly thereafter.

7. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    sgt of marines
    pensacola, fl
    when's the last time you cleared out your messages? i have been going back and forth between stock, handcent, and chomp, as i can't really find one superior to the others (with the exception of the popups from the latter two) in true functionality (as opposed to customizing colors and what not), and in all three i find that after there are hundreds of messages stacked up that it will get bogged down, and clearing them out will do a great deal of good.