Handcent MessagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. hobby17

hobby17 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone-
    Just got my incredible yesterday and I am very pleased. I've answered mosy my questions searching, but one thing I cannot solve. I am using handcent messaging which I like due to the "bubbles", but each time I try to send a picture, there is a failure message. Has anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. androiddoc

androiddoc Member

I use it and haven't had any issue with sending pictures. Are you resizing it before you send it?

3. hobby17

Yes, I think it is automatically resizing... or at least is says it does. I tried the same pic in the stock messenger and it worked. I may reinstall

4. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

I get the error message too. Basically says "error sending pic, retrying". However I've found that the pic is actually sent, despite the error message.

5. hobby17

exactly... unfortunately my contacts are not receiving the message though. My recipients have non-verizon phones, but i cannot imagine that would make much difference?

6. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

are you able to successfully send via the stock messaging app? if so, i would try unisntalling Handcent, redownload and install it again.

7. Evil Quint

Evil Quint Member

I have the same problem but mine always sends it. I get the error but it still goes through so I just ignore it. It worked fine on Moto Droid so I assume handcent just needs to put out an update.

The bigger issue is that the stock message system jacks with your photos. Check out this thread for more info and feel free to post there if you have different results.
    http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/73699-texting-pictures-question.html

8. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

this is true for me as well. it always says error but it is sent anyways.

9. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Handcent is overrated. Sorry, I had to say it.

10. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

11. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

12. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I agree, I have no problems with the stock sms, everyone gets my pictures, I don't get error messages, the pix may go to them a little smaller but they can figure out what they're looking at.

13. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere (pretty sure it has), but do any of you know how to get the phone to vibrate on notification with Handcent? Doesn't work for me when my dinc is in silent mode. Thanks

Otherwise, I think its a fun sms tool. I have it set up just the way I want and I do like the little bubbles. I prefer it over the stock app, but mostly for.aesthetic reasons.

14. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere (pretty sure it has), but do any of you know how to get the phone to vibrate on notification with Handcent? Doesn't work for me when my dinc is in silent mode. Thanks

Otherwise, I think its a fun sms tool. I have it set up just the way I want and I do like the little bubbles. I prefer it over the stock app, but mostly for.aesthetic reasons.

15. bacardilimon151

bacardilimon151 New Member

I love handcent and the fact that you can change the colors of the bubbles and the size of the font to name a few. beats the stock text hands down.

16. hobby17

I like handcents setup more is the only reason I wanted it, but I tried installing again with no luck. Goodbye handcents.good unless sending pics