Handcent MMS problem?Support

1. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

The reason i'm using Handcent over ChompSMS is the MMS ability, amongst a few other things. Everytime someone sends me something, i click "download" it goes gray..and then nothing happens. Am i missing a step hre?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

the latest update (for handcent) fixed the mms not downloading problem for me last night actually....check to see if you have a update available.
  3. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I'm on 2.9.21...

No option to update, it just automatically asks me normally.
  4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

thats the version i am on now as well, and my mms works....i dunno
  5. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Switched over to 3g instead of wifi and it worked...
  6. johnLEE

johnLEE Well-Known Member

i had the same problem. when i was in handcent and tried to download, it wouldn't. but then i went into the native sms app and did the download and it worked. weird? i'm hoping the new update will fix this!
  7. lds0813

lds0813 Member

I did get the new update but still my MMS is not working. Any thing I should be looking at in my settings???
  8. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, I tried chomp instead but could not figure how to send pix and vid messages. If handcent wont download it then I will open them in the standard mess app.
  9. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Chomp can't do MMS
  10. weihl165

that would br a good reason why I couldnt find it
  11. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

exactly what i did. Worked fine. The update is supposed to fix the MMS download issue
  12. weihl165

Its funny tho. Once you open it in the stock app, it will be dowloaded next time you go to the message in handcent
  13. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I'mhaving this same damn problem again. This is unnaceptable. My f'ing EnV1 could download pictures easier than this thing.
  14. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I'm going to the VZ store tommorrow to bitch at them
  15. Ladilove194

Ladilove194 New Member

I have found all the correct settings for Android to send and receive MMS.

On the Android settings itself:
    Note: It doesn't matter if Wifi is on or off...the next steps will work,

On the Stock Messaging App:
    1. Select Delete old messages
    2. Unselect everything elses

On the Handcent App:
    1. Go to settings, then Application Settings - Default Messaging App-Select Disable
    2. In the Send Message settings - Select Auto Convert to MMS and Auto Resize and Auto Convert
    3. Go to Receive Message settings - Uncheck auto receive, roaming auto retrieve and most important, UNCHECK Advance Download, check Auto Download,

It took me some trials and error but these enabled me to be able to send and receive MMS messages.
  16. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot. Been having some Handcent issues lately with MMS, and notifications too.