1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent not sending mms

Last Updated:

1. egordon42

egordon42 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I searched for this but didn't come up with any answers. So I use Handcent, and it's awesome, but when it comes to taking a photo and then sending it via text, it won't send. It'll say the file size is too big and then I get the little red x to resend, but the same thing happens. When I open the stock text message app, take a photo, and send it the app resizes it automatically. What's the issue? How do I get Handcent to resize the photo automatically? I'm on a Droid2 if that makes a difference.

Advertisement
  2. egordon42

Sorry guys, I'm bumping this. I'd really like to know if anyone else is having this problem or has a solution for me.

3. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I just tried it and when I took a picture, clicked Share and ose Handcent it asked if I want to resize it and it did that for me. Picture got resized and sent with no issues.

Instead of going to create a new message and then attaching a picture, go to the camera, take the picture and choose share to send it via Handcent.

5. egordon42

Yeah it's so weird, mine doesn't' do that. Never asks me if I want to resize it, it'll just start to send then tell me it's too big, whether I take a picture and "share" it or "insert" a picture in a text. Just now when I tried it the error message said "Message send failed, unsupported file format".

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Have you tried sending it using the standard messaging app?

7. egordon42

Yes and it resizes it. I suppose I'll just have to use that when I want to send an sms. Annoying though because Handcent is set to my default.

8. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

it wont work for me either. It loads the pic and I can see it but when I send it, the little progress wheel just turns and turns like it's timing out. SMS works fine though

9. egordon42

Yep, the same. Until I get an error message. What phone are you on? I have a Droid2. Wondering if this is hardware related.

10. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

Incredible. Just started happening after FroYo

11. rjsdad

rjsdad New Member

Go to your camera, select video. On the screen to the right are settings, click on the bottom one and set it for low quailty or sms. After the update I uninstalled Handscent and with the sms I can attach and send 60 second videos. It counts down so you never have to worry about going longer than what is allowed. I hope this helps.

12. rjsdad

rjsdad New Member

oops I guess your problem wasn't attaching vids...sorry about that.