1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent notification issue.

Last Updated:

1. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, here are the problem:

-Handcent is set to notify me during calls. It works OK I guess, but why is the notification sound different during calls than what you've set it to? Annoying.
    -If I receive more than one message while in a call, the notification sound will play repeatedly If I read old messages that aren't related to the new ones. Example:

I have 3 new message. I open one new message [notification sound], reply to that message [notification sound], press back to go to the list of all my SMS threads [notification sound], look at the second new message [notification sound], look at any other message other than the last new one [notification sound]. This is very annoying. Does anyone have a fix?

I decided to give handcent a go after the countless good reviews about how it's better than every other sms app including the stock one, but this small but very annoying issue makes me believe that most people who write these rave reviews have a low quality for what software should be. Either that or i'm overlooking a setting that would fix this.

Advertisement
  2. Center

Center Well-Known Member

hmm, don't think I've had a text message sent to me while I was on a call.. Might be a bug, you might wanna email the developer. I've had Handcent SMS for as long as I've had my DX and I love it..