Handcent/Notifications & more

1. daknot

daknot Member

I just got my HTC Hero on Tuesday and I'm really liking it so far, but upon downloading Handcent I am getting a bit irritated by having to clear my notifications EVERY time I receive a txt message. I turned off the handcent notifications so that doesnt bug me anymore getting 2 notifications for every 1 message received. Its the OS that is notifying me and even if I click it for it to take me to the message it remains a notification. Is there any way to disable txt notifications through the standard OS? All I could find was a way to change the tones and such. If I have to live with it, then so be it. I just thought I would ask if anyone knew more about it here.

Also, I havent a clue what apps might be really handy. I plan to look through the tips/tricks/useful apps thread at a later time but any advice to those reading this thread feel free to post what your favorite apps might be so I can check them out!

Advertisement
  2. 02keilj

02keilj Well-Known Member

Go to the standard messaging program and then:
    Menu>Settings
    Scroll down till you find 'Received notification' and uncheck it. That should stop the original messaging app sending you notifications. You can now use just the notifications from Handcent
    tommygun and daknot like this.
  3. daknot

daknot Member

all i saw through the settings menu was like i said, a way to disable notification sounds and there is a option to make the led not flash during certain notifications. no way to disable them completely that i can see through the settings>sound & display menus
  4. Donnelly

Donnelly Member

Needs to be done on the HTC Messaging App matey, not sounds and alerts.

If you open up the stock app and hit "menu > settings" it should be there to untick "notifications"
    daknot likes this.
  5. daknot

daknot Member

got it now.

sorry, still learning my way around. used to just being able to disable notifications from a normal settings menu instead of having to go into the app and then selecting its settings from within it.

thanks. =)