Handcent notificationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is anyone getting two different notifications sounds when a text comes using Handcent.

on the native app i unchecked notifications. So i don't receive any notifications on the native.

But why do i get two different notifications sounds if i disabled the notifications on the native.

where is the other notification sound coming from?

kind of annoying

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i have no idea, you dont get a notif icon from the stock program either? just the sound?

3. swe3t23

i don't get notifications icon on the stock on the status bar because i turned it off.

So i did a test trial i turned on notifications on the stock and handcent. I get two different notifications icon on the status bar and two different sound.

Now i checked off notifications on the stock app meaning no notifications icon on status bar. but now two different sounds.

It can't be native stock notifying me becuase the sound i used for notifying me on the stock is different from what is played. When i get a text the sound i programmed distinctively with Handcent is on and another notification sound is played but it is not the one on the native. It plays a different notification sound.

4. EddieVersatile

EddieVersatile Well-Known Member

You should just be able to disable notifications in the Stock SMS app..

I had the same issue when I first got Handcent, but don't anymore...

Try restarting your phone, and/or uninstalling handcent and reinstalling it.. and just double check that your Stock Apps notifications are NOT enabled :)

5. swe3t23

yes when i go to the stock sms app it is unchecked and it is disabled. so no notifications from the stock sms app at all.

i am gonna try uninstalling handcent and reinstalling it. to see if only one sound notifies me.

6. EddieVersatile

yeah try that, and if it is still acting up, restart your phone

Did you download the update for Handcent they sent out the other day?

if not, dial *#*#2432546#*#* (2432546 = CHECKIN) and DON'T press send, your phone will check for updates available automatically and notify you if there are any

7. EddieVersatile

UPDATE:

this is kinda creepy, but..
    I actually just got a NEW update for Handcent AS we were talking about it lol.. so yeah. check for the updates, the newer versions may have fixed the issue you are having.

8. swe3t23

ok i uninstalled it and reinstalled. It is the newest version.
    Stock sms app notification off

verdict: I still get two notification sounds.

i even turn the pop up function off to see if that was triggering another notification sound. Um no.

what is bothering me is that it vibrates with a notifcation sound. Then it vibrates with a different notification sound.

It is quiet annoying