Handcent or Phone Problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. YoshiMan123

YoshiMan123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Usually my phone is on silent, and last night, I turned the ringtone volume up. So, I set my notification sound when I receive a message. Whenever I receive a message though, the sound is VERY faint and almost silent.

The media volume is all the way up...

Is this a phone or Handcent problem?

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Notifications aren't controlled by media volume, they're related to ringtone volume.

They actually use a separate volume called "notification volume," but you can only access that with an app like Sound Manager. Usually it's tied to ringtone volume though. (You raise ringtone volume, it raises notification volume accordingly.)

3. YoshiMan123

YoshiMan123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hm, thanks.

I didn't have this small issue before the 2.1 update or the Handcent update.

4. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

You can actually separate the ringer volume and the notification volume, or you can put them both together. If you go to Menu>Settings>Sounds and Display>(make sure your sound profile is set to normal) Ringer volume. Once here, if the check mark is checked for "use incoming call volume for notifications" your ring and notifications will be controlled the same. If not, there should be two bars there, one for incoming call and one for notification. You can toggle between them. I just prefer to keep them the same.

5. theboo7

theboo7 Well-Known Member

also any takes on the lag between the notifications and the pop up menu showing up? My phone freezes the I get the vibrate/ringtone and 30seconds~1minute later I get the pop up...?

6. Srdryl

Srdryl Member

I tried changing the settings & a volume & the notification sound is loud but when I select test notification or an incoming text comes the sound is very low please help