Handcent pop-up redisplays previously read texts?

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so I have started to notice, but can't figure the pattern out yet, that if I start to have a text session with person A, when the pop-up pops up, if I reply, the next text back from them starts off with the previous text.

so, if I get my 5th text, the pop-up shows text #4, not the newest text #5.

As well, in this text session with person A, I started another with person B. When the pop-up came, it showed some old #3 or #4 text from the first session with person A I had going and not the current session I am on with person B.

Anyone else get this oddness?

I cannot tell the pattern. That is, is it happening because I elect to answer via the pop up and not going into the actual person's ongoing text list so it thinks those old ones are not answered and keeps reshowing them? If so, why if I am on text with person B, is it showing person A's text in the pop up when it is in fact person B is texting me and it was person B's text that triggered the pop up and yet there is an old text from person A?

Advertisement
  2. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

Mine does it if I don't scroll threw them. Once I scroll threw them all on the pop up the next pop up is the new texts.

3. Lock-N-Load

how are you "scrolling" through the pop-up?

I can't recall, are there little left and right arrows? is that what you mean?

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yes, you swipe to the left to scroll through popups. This works for me most of the time, but once in awhile I will still get an older message.

5. Lock-N-Load

okay, so it sounds, to some degree, it is not just me getting this odd behavior

I need to pay attention to those arrows.

but heck, your saying EVERY time you get into a text back and fourth with someone, when the pop-up comes up, you scroll/swipe through all the pop-ups texts each and every time? you dont just select the text box, type and reply?

6. HumanContract

HumanContract Well-Known Member

I have the same thing happen to me, the older text shows which is annoying if you're driving or something, but yeah as the previous poster said - I usually will just hit the text box and read from there.