1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent Popup Window - I HATE IT

Last Updated:

1. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's stupid that Handcent has all these privacy settings, and even with every one of them in use, it still pops up a small window with the message on the screen when you unlock screen!

How can I get rid of this popup altogether? I see where you can change the style of it..Full/Lite/Without Quick Reply, but no way to get rid of it.

And it doesn't always show up. So maybe it's a glitch. But I don't want to turn on my screen, unlock to go to home screen, and have a SMS popup! Ever!

Advertisement
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Yes, you can uncheck the "enable popups" box in the settings.

3. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

Just bring the option panel up, and then there's some options, you could use them to adjust some function you like or don't like.

4. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How in the world did I miss that?? Thank you!

5. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Probably because Handcent has SO MANY settings...it kinda makes you go cross eyed looking through them all. Glad I could help. Now, I have faith that you will love Handcent. :D

6. dboy_stein

dboy_stein New Member

This setting doesn't work for me on my Moto Droid!!! I think this is a Handcent thing..because I have all notifications turned off on the native android messaging app and i still get this very annoying Quick Reply Popup Window. All I want is my message notification..not popups, ringtones, and LEDs for every single message that I already get the notifications for! Ontop of that, lately I've been getting tripple stacked messages back to back from VZW users messaging me.
    Am i going to have to abandon Handcent because of this ridiculous little problem..please someone help I love my handcent!!!