1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Handcent problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. codral

codral Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i am one of the people having massive problems with that update HTC pulled.. Anyway so the standard sms app doesn't really work properly. A few people suggested i get Handcent and for the most part it's fine but... About half the times i open it up it won't display any of the names on my contacts, which is really annoying and got me in alot of trouble last night.

Anyone know if yuo can fix this in any way? have tried the newer update, it's still a prob

Advertisement
  2. Kraken T3ch

Kraken T3ch Member

Handcent has a lot of unresolved bugs. I have a lot of force closes in my DHD. A lot of DHD owners have problems with Handcent. Posting in their forums would be a good idea. But I wouldnt get my hopes high, as the developers don't respond 99% of the time. I was hoping yesterday's update would fix the problem. But they didnt :( They were interested in adding more smileys than fixing up the bugs :(
  3. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

I use GO Sms, seems to work well :)
  4. saj_2001ind

saj_2001ind Well-Known Member

can I ask what features do 3rd party messaging app like handcent and go sms have which HTC sense messaging app dont ?
  5. wastedagen

wastedagen Well-Known Member

Handscent SMS seems to work for me. No problems with it.
  6. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

I only use GO Sms because the swype beta keyboard doesn't work with the htc messaging app :(
  7. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member

I used Handscent for 3 years. Then, with the last update, it decided to have issues: I stopped recieving audible notifications, it would force close the camera, and other oddball issues.

Did a factory reset, then reinstalled: problems persisted. until I removed Handscent.

For the record, I'm using a Motorola Electrify.

Think I'll try GO
  8. paulrh

paulrh Well-Known Member

Use Go SMS Pro, problems solved.

To someone who asked what are the differences? Install Go SMS Pro (it is free - there is no non-pro version) and see for yourself.
  9. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member

Go seemed to want a LOT of permissions. And the reviews list it utilizing your phone for (basically) spam, if I was reading things correctly...
  10. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I used to use Go and never had any trouble with it. I stopped using it, as I just started using the messaging app that comes with the ROM's I flash.