Handcent QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Liebow27

Liebow27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to use Handcent without the actual messages app pinging and notifing?

Advertisement
  2. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member

messages > menu > settings > uncheck "received notification"

also, just remove messages from home screen, it will continue to show messages, but won't notify you

3. Liebow27

I don't think I made myself clear, the HTC Sense Messages App so it doesn't show me that a Handcent message and a Message notfication are at the top.

4. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

No, you were clear. Do what he said and you're good.

Dobieg likes this.
  5. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Well this thread came at a perfect time.

Sorry to hijack but I figure its not worth it to make another thread.

I installed handcent and have used it for a couple weeks now. I turned the stock notification off so that I would only get a notification in the status bar up top from handcent. Everything worked fine until all the sudden I started getting a notification from something else again.

Now when a text comes in I get one from handcent and some other program. I have no idea where its coming from. I checked the stock message programs settings and notification was still turned off. I checked handcents settings and it was still set the same. I then turned off handcents and still got the notification (not the normal handcent one that I usually get).

I even uninstalled handcent and got the notification. Its wierd because even when hadncent was uninstalled, I would open up the notification and it wouldnt lead me to anything. Normally it would lead back to handcent but I guess because it was uninstalled it didnt have anywhere to go. It wasnt leading back to the stock program.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I also cant remove it from my the status bar area unless I actually press the clear button. Handcents notification will go away if I click the message.

6. Liebow27

thanks fellas

7. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I get 2 different tones when a message comes in, the lightsaber sound from Handscent and a stock sound from somewhere else. I have checked in settings, I checked in setting in the stock message program but I still get that second sound. I even set the default sound for messages in the stock program to "silent" (then made sure the sound was off anyway) and it doesnt matter.

Any ideas?