• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Handcent Question

Well this thread came at a perfect time.

Sorry to hijack but I figure its not worth it to make another thread.

I installed handcent and have used it for a couple weeks now. I turned the stock notification off so that I would only get a notification in the status bar up top from handcent. Everything worked fine until all the sudden I started getting a notification from something else again.

Now when a text comes in I get one from handcent and some other program. I have no idea where its coming from. I checked the stock message programs settings and notification was still turned off. I checked handcents settings and it was still set the same. I then turned off handcents and still got the notification (not the normal handcent one that I usually get).

I even uninstalled handcent and got the notification. Its wierd because even when hadncent was uninstalled, I would open up the notification and it wouldnt lead me to anything. Normally it would lead back to handcent but I guess because it was uninstalled it didnt have anywhere to go. It wasnt leading back to the stock program.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I also cant remove it from my the status bar area unless I actually press the clear button. Handcents notification will go away if I click the message.

Upvote 0
I get 2 different tones when a message comes in, the lightsaber sound from Handscent and a stock sound from somewhere else. I have checked in settings, I checked in setting in the stock message program but I still get that second sound. I even set the default sound for messages in the stock program to "silent" (then made sure the sound was off anyway) and it doesnt matter.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones