Handcent question..Support

Last Updated:

1. slippknot

slippknot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

to those familiar with the app handcent..

just wondering whether you know the answer to my question..
    lets say i sent a message to a friend containing a photo.
    for some reason, the message cannot be sent due to some reason..

handcent will keep trying to send that message over and over again,
    and I keep getting "Sent failure messages"

is there a way to cancel that message sending?

Advertisement
  2. ross607

ross607 Member

Prob cant help you directly with your question but just to let you know I had the same problem with handcent except with me it was receiving pic messages. they just get stuck saying "downloading" they used to try send to my number every day multiple times drove me insane, luckily t-mobile have a web retrieval system for photo's so i could log on to my account and delete the picture messages thus stopping the messages coming into my phone. Which carrier are you with? there may be some way to stop your loop check the support section of their website.

Btw..I uninstalled handcent thinking I could get things back to how they were but now my phone is a total mess (desire) photo messaging not working on my stock messaging system (worked flawlessly before installing handcent) and not only that, but my stock messaging system is screwed up totally... I'll be typing a message and it will just quit randomly... not force close or crash... the app just disappears and i'm back at my home screen.. its the weirdest thing and annoying cos it will lose the text i've been typing out, its obviously not closing the app correctly cos otherwise it would save a draft. I'm gonna have to do a factory reset soon cos its getting unusable... I'm on holiday for 2 weeks next week tho so will have to wait till after I come back lol :D

Hope you get your prob sorted, but not very impressed with handcent and btw have seen alot of complaints about photo messaging on handcents forum so anyone thinking of installing this app just be wary before you do.

Cheers

Ross

3. Tunga

Tunga Well-Known Member

Get your network to resend your picture messaging and/or mobile internet settings. You can usually do it via their website.

4. ross607

ross607 Member

yeah Tunga, did that, no difference so its not the APN.. i've got mybackup pro and tried restoring my settings thru that too but its still the same so I'm stumped! more concerned about the messaging app just shutting down on its own for no reason without the usual force close message, I'm annoyed with myself for not sticking with the stock app in the first place!

5. slippknot

slippknot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

err... i think you guys got my question wrong..

i mean is there a way to stop handcent from trying to send that pic i sent.
    not whether I can retrieve the photo.. hehe..

well, other than handcent, what other msg-ing apps is good for you guys.. prefereably with options to set leds lights and mp3 notifications like handcent.. cheers.. hehe

6. m0J03

m0J03 Active Member

my handcent's bein a nusiance as well; receives a picture message, but by the time i received it, it says the image expires at xx:xx. and the time it lists is always a minute before i receive it :/ what a load of bull

7. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Long press on the message allows you to delete it.

Has to be one of the most annoying things about my HTC Desire/Orange is the frequent failed messages.